Workshop Engineer EarthmovingBiggleswade | Job ID 30627
- Job ID 30627
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our Earth Moving Workshop based in Biggleswade for a Workshop Engineer. The role contributes to the success of Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd by carrying out effective maintenance and repair work on equipment brought into the workshop, ensuring both quality standards and timelines for repair are optimised at all times whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership. To ensure compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy, Environmental Policy and Quality system
- Carries out routine pre delivery inspections (PDI) of new machines
- Fits both factory approved and local supplied extras to machines where required
- Modifies machines according to guidelines and specifications
- Performs all forms of repair and servicing to machines
- Contributes to the repair, overhaul and diagnosis of plant equipment
- Develops an effective working relationship with Workshop Engineers and the Workshop Team and can support others where required
- Maintains a healthy and safe working environment for self and others through a clear understanding of workplace safety requirements and systems
- Supports the roles of others ensuring administration and paperwork is completed effectively and on time as and when required
- Ensures customer expectations are met by maintaining clear communication with the Workshop Supervisor
- Contribute towards to the success of the apprenticeship programme by supporting and mentoring engineering apprentices.
- Works in accordance with the company quality assurance guidelines
- Is able to effectively contribute in recognising and improving work processes so as to drive greater efficiency
- Uses initiative and takes appropriate action to ensure good housekeeping standards are followed and maintained in the workshop area
- Ensures that self-image is a key contributor to promoting company business
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Satisfactory completion of a recognised apprenticeship in a related industry to NVQ level 3
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role and / or industry
- Team player
- Good communicator at all levels
- Flexible approach to work
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Connell at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.