Operational Purchaser 2019_049_LCCKillarney | Job ID 18669
- Job ID 18669
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Purchasing
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Liebherr Container Cranes has a vacancy for a motivated professional to join its Purchasing Department. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager this challenging role will require a self-motivated individual with extensive knowledge and experience of dealing with suppliers and setting up a supply network.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter, dependable, thorough and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The successful individual must have strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and well developed influencing skills, with a proven ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels. Must possess excellent planning, scheduling, negotiating and organisational skills. The successful candidate must have a proven record of strong attention to detail as well as excellent reporting skills.
Key Elements of the Role
• Analysing and optimizing the Supply Chain.
• Material planning.
• Material, subcontract and service purchase and follow up.
• General administration of all relevant processes, e.g. purchase orders, subcontract operations, sales orders, receipting, invoicing, stock adjustments, etc.
• Liaising with suppliers, and visiting supplier facilities as necessary.
• Working with all involved internal and external parties.
• All other duties within the Purchasing Department.
• Optimising inventory levels.
• Processing complaints.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience required in a purchasing role.
• A recognised qualification in a related discipline.
• Experience in Engineering / manufacturing environments is a distinct advantage.
• Strong negotiation, analytics and organisational skills.
• Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, etc.) is essential.
• Advanced skills with formulas and complex financial spreadsheets in MS Excel.
• Experience of material planning and warranty management with an ERP system (especially BAAN) knowledge would be an advantage.