Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technician, Deep Foundation MachinesBurlington, ON | Job ID 65699
- Job ID 65699
- Division Crawler Cranes, Deep Foundation Machines
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Canada
- Entry level Students
- Type of contract full time
Learn from our team of experienced Technicians and launch your career forward with Liebherr! As a turnkey supplier in deep foundation engineering, we offer cutting-edge piling and drilling equipment as well as attachments such as vibrators, hammers or slurry wall cutters. As our newest apprentice, you will have the opportunity to work with and support experienced Liebherr Technicians to safely and effectively maintain Deep Foundation Machinery and Components across the Greater Toronto Area. *please note travel will be required, most work will take place in field and at customer sites*
• Participate in repair of Liebherr machinery and components including electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, engines, gearbox/drive train, etc. to resolve moderate to complex problems
• Perform new and used machinery preparation, scheduled maintenance, repair or overhaul usually requiring component replacement, commissioning and adjustment of mechanical/hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic equipment, including warranty upgrades
• Recondition and repair equipment components and systems as assigned
• Perform pre-delivery inspections of equipment and new & used equipment preparation
• Occasionally perform servicing on Liebherr machinery as directed, including fluid checks, and sample pulling, oil and filter checks, changing lubricants, replacing filters, greasing machine lube points etc.
• Ensure components, material and/or equipment is inspected, is corrected to specifications and ensure timely delivery programs are achieved
• Ensure all final verifications specified in work instructions, scope of work, verbal communication and specifications are carried out and complete
• Accurate and timely submission of reports and technical document including service reports
• Operate and maintain tools, equipment and work areas in accordance with company policy
- You are currently completing your Heavy Equipment Red Seal certification (2nd year apprentice preferred)
- Working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components
- Ability to read and understand schematics and technical drawings
- You are able to effectively communicate detailed and complex information in a clear and concise manner
- You are self-motivated with the ability to work alone, unsupervised for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with computers and Microsoft Office suite
- Competitive wages (premiums & allowances for select roles*)
- International training opportunities
- Challenging work opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits and employer paid premiums from day one
- Paid vacation & health and wellness days
- Generous employer RRSP matching
- And much more!
Liebherr Canada Ltd. is committed to provide a diverse, inclusive, safe and dignified work environment for all employees, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or any other aspect of their identity.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Mauricio Sanchez at: [email protected]
One Passion. Many Opportunities.