Resident Heavy Equipment Field Technician, Earth MovingHalifax, NS | Job ID 65677
- Job ID 65677
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The extensiveness of Liebherr's construction machines program is like no other. As an OEM manufacturer, the highest quality standards are achieved by in-house production of main components developed and manufactured by Liebherr. In this role, you will support our fast-growing Earth Moving division in Halifax to train and work on loaders, dozers, and excavators in the field and at customer sites. As a Resident Field Technician, you will be equipped with the tools, parts and equipment to safely and effectively repair and maintain machinery and components on heavy equipment, to high levels of quality and customer satisfaction.
• Troubleshoot, inspect and diagnose Liebherr machinery and components including electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, engines, gearbox/drive train, etc. to resolve moderate to complex problems
• Perform new and used machinery preparation, scheduled maintenance, repair or overhaul usually requiring component replacement, commissioning and adjustment of mechanical/hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic equipment, including warranty upgrades • Recondition and repair equipment components and systems as assigned
• Perform pre-delivery inspections of equipment and new & used equipment preparation
• Occasionally perform servicing on Liebherr machinery as directed, including fluid checks, and sample pulling, oil and filter checks, changing lubricants, replacing filters, greasing machine lube points etc.
• Ensure components, material and/or equipment is inspected, is corrected to specifications and ensure timely delivery programs are achieved
• Ensure all final verifications specified in work instructions, scope of work, verbal communication and specifications are carried out and complete
• Accurate and timely submission of reports and technical document including service reports
• Operate and maintain tools, equipment and work areas in accordance with company policy
• Support in Shop repairs/work as requested
• Other duties as assigned
• 3+ years experience servicing heavy equipment
• Red Seal/ Journeyman licensed or provincial equivalent strongly preferred, working experience will be considered
• Working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components
• Demonstrated diagnostic and troubleshooting skills, component exchange, repair and warranty related activities
• Ability to read and understand schematics and technical drawings
• You are able to effectively communicate detailed and complex information in a clear and concise manner
• You are self-motivated with the ability to work alone, unsupervised for extended periods of time
• Fully proficient with computers and Microsoft Office suite
- Competitive wages (premiums & allowances for select roles*)
- International training opportunities
- Challenging work opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits and employer paid premiums from day one
- Paid vacation & health and wellness days
- Generous employer RRSP matching
- And much more!
Liebherr Canada Ltd. is committed to provide a diverse, inclusive, safe and dignified work environment for all employees, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or any other aspect of their identity.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Natalie Ely at: [email protected]
One Passion. Many Opportunities.