Quality InspectorNewport News, VA | Job ID 65644
- Job ID 65644
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Quality management
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 03/03/2023
The Quality Assurance Inspector inspects materials and products such as fabricated components, castings, electrical and hydraulic components, miscellaneous structural components and raw materials, for conformance to specifications by performing the following duties.
- Inspect and test parts, components, materials and finished products to determine conformance to established product requirements.
- Perform receiving inspection, assembly in process audits and returned goods inspections.
- Processes nonconforming product, and coordinates with various departments to get product to a state of conformance.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work space.
- Determine conformity with regard to material or product documentation and disposition accordingly.
- Locate, open, print and review documents and specifications in SharePoint and ERP system.
- Process first article submissions and documentation.
- Generate and manage records related to the inspection and testing of material or product.
- Label nonconforming product appropriately and move it electronically and physically to the proper warehouse.
- Perform material and product containment inspections.
- Inspect rework for acceptance.
- Communicate major issues to supervisor.
- Collect and review documents for conformance and completeness and file appropriately.
- Maintain and operate within Quality Assurance databases and systems.
- Know position, department, company and ISO 9001 standards procedures, and policies and where to access them.
- Initiate Inventory Adjustments for scrap.
- Perform ERP transactions into and out of QA warehouses as needed.
- Obtain Machine Card records for truck documentation.
- Issue Engineering Change Requests and red line documents as needed.
- Control, count, and reduce inventory in your area of responsibility, escalate issues to supervisor.
- Monitor nonconformance reports and drive dispositions to be made in a timely manner.
- Produce comprehensive reports regarding an audit, Corrective Action, NR or other.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent. General knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions and decimals.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Knowledge of MS Office software; Contact Management systems; Internet software.
- Ability to use basic measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers or tape measures required.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent. One to four years’ experience of quality assurance inspections and or manufacturing inspections.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of geometry related to angles, cylinders and planes.
- Knowledge of standard shop practices
- Understand and implement LEAN, 5S, and visual workplace tools.
- Ability to interpret documents such as specifications, drawings and procedures.
- Experienced in the use of basic measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers or tape measures.
- Ability to operate overhead cranes.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum five years’ experience as a quality inspector.
- Ability to prioritize job duties as necessary.
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to perform receiving inspection and returns inspection.
- Ability to understand the basics of fabrication, welding, mechanics, hydraulics, electronics and raw materials.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum eight years’ experience as a quality inspector.
- Perform basic arithmetic, geometry and trigonometry.
- Perform first article inspections and documentation.
- Perform containment inspections and field return inspections.
- Operate fork lifts and overhead cranes.
- Ability to use all types of inspection equipment and precision measurement devices.
- Ability to create and/or manipulate Adobe PDF documents.
- Ability to be an active participant in the ship release program.
- Travel domestically and internationally 1% of the time lasting up to five days.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Referral Bonus: Tier IV
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Silva at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.