Technical WriterKillarney | Job ID 65625
- Job ID 65625
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Engineering
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Currently we require a technical writer to assist in compiling and publishing technical operator manuals in the crane manufacturing industry. The person will also be required to co-ordinate and manage the translation and review process. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, with an ability to critically evaluate, simplify and restructure information within a specified time limit. They must show great attention to detail. The Technical Writer will report to the Head of Department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Editing and production of manuals, co-ordination of tech-writing, copy-writing and artwork, desktop publishing, making a tailor made manual for each product on different data carriers
- Co-ordination of all foreign language related tasks and translations required
- To collaborate with other departments
- To maintain project timelines and work to assigned schedules
- Use a number of multimedia applications
- To identify opportunities for improvement within the processes
- Other duties will evolve and arise from time to time
Qualifications Requirements and Experience
- A relevant third level qualification in technical writing or technical background
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a regulated industry, preferably manufacturing background
- Ability to comprehend technical information
- Ability to use own initiative and be a team player when circumstances dictate
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Applicants must have a high standard of written and spoken English
- Strong organisational skills
- Proficient computer user i.e. good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- An engineering qualification is desirable
We offer a competitive salary, pension scheme, training and development opportunities, subsidised canteen, retailer discounts, travel opportunities, sports and social club, cycle to work scheme and if that isn’t enough, we have an early finish on a Friday!
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Emily O'Connor at: [email protected]
One Passion. Many Opportunities.