Fitter/Welder - 2nd shiftNewport News, VA | Job ID 64638
- Job ID 64638
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 01/10/2023
The Fitter/Welder lays-out, fits, and welds fabricated components to assemble structural forms such as heavy equipment frames, tanks, and other mining equipment parts by performing the following duties.
- Completes successfully all required weld tests.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
- Lays-out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous materials.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Job Skills: Possesses the skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks efficiently and competently.
- Communications: Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly, using appropriate & efficient methods of conveying the information.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Analytical Thinking: Breaks down problems and issues into components and analyzes the costs, benefits, opportunities and risks associated with each alternative solution.
- Cost Awareness: Aware of the assigned budget for each task. Strives to keep costs within the budget, and makes manager aware when budget will be exceeded.
- Initiative - Works independently to solve problems. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibility.
- Understanding Roles & Responsibilities: Demonstrates clear understanding of the expectations of the job.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Ability to Learn New Skills: Learns new skills quickly. Is able to work independently to master new skills and tasks.
- Education and Self Development: Identifies personal strength and weaknesses, and targets areas for self-improvement. Participates in educational opportunities and works towards developing new skills or enhancing existing skills.
- Innovative Thinking: Looks for ways to improve effectiveness by implementing new ideas and more efficient approaches.
- Sharing Knowledge; Communicates the knowledge gained from education and experience to others in the organization who may benefit.
- Attendance: Consider number of unexcused absences from work and promptness in observing work starting time, break periods and quitting time. 0-2 pts = Exceeds; 3-5 pts = meets; 6+ = does not meet.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Jose Matrille at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.