Mining Equipment AssemblerNewport News, VA | Job ID 63911
- Job ID 63911
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 11/17/2022
The Mining Equipment Assembler performs assembly operations on product pre and final assemblies; must possess advanced mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical aptitude; maintains punctuality and a professional demeanor through respectful communication with all levels of LME employees; maintains work areas clean and orderly, and promotes safe work practices by adhering to safety regulations and all additional company programs.
- Read and interpret: paper and electronic work order packages, engineering drawings, 3D models, and schematics.
- Perform component assembly; mount, align, and affix mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical components to various manufactured assemblies.
- Disassemble and reassemble components or assemblies adding or removing material as required.
- Operate, maintain, and read various power, hand, and specialty tools i.e.; torque wrenches, dial indicators, crimp tools, multimeter, etc.
- Perform component preservation as required.
- Inspect completed work ensuring conformance to design requirements.
- Assist, and/or perform electrical testing and basic troubleshooting of manufactured products.
- Identify and report possible non-conformances.
- Direct activities of other Mining Equipment Assemblers as required (Level 1).
- Operate forklift and overhead crane as required.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous wastes such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar materials.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly; able to read and interpret written and electronic information.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend English.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers and decimals.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Quality: Strives to produce error free work; highest quality in everything produced
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Jose Matrille at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.