Sales Trainer (Mining Equipment)Newport News, VA | Job ID 63867
- Job ID 63867
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 11/18/2022
The Sales Trainer is responsible for establishing and managing effective product training and documentation publication systems to support the Liebherr global support organization’s workforce and our customers, in alignment with MIN training and publications strategic objectives as it relates to Off Highway Trucks (OHT).
- Manages and provides day-to-day oversight of all aspects of the sales training and publications programs for the departments to ensure global sales force receives the technical and necessary training required to understand the functionality of the equipment, the features and benefits and value proposition to customers.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates training programs and materials for the Liebherr Mining Equipment Co. (LME) product lines, and establishes and maintains a “Learning Center” of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and technical training related materials.
- Provides training consulting services and develops annual sales training plan with MIN global sales trainer.
- Designs and develops classroom, self-paced, On-the-job-training (OJT) and E-learning training materials and programs.
- Implements E-Learning programs to support Sales needs.
- Ensures evaluations are performed to assess for defined metrics, participant feedback and benchmarking against best-in-class training.
- Creates and manages training/certification programs to support a Sales Excellence program.
- Ensures high standards for course delivery/instruction and participates in delivery of training.
- Ensures high standards for quality and content accuracy within all publications delivery systems.
- Co-operate with other partners (e.g. the Liebherr-Academy, or other external trainers that will provide non-product related, special training modules, e.g. soft skills training.
- Establish and follow up records in a sales training database and provide certificates to training course participants.
- Review / define specific training requirements with senior staff for their teams.
- Conduct training course reviews with participants and actively drive continuous improvements of course content and course organization.
- Develop a good understanding about the technical functionality of our products down to individual subsystems in the machines.
- Develop a good understanding of competitor machines and their sales argumentation and be able to define and teach USP’s for Liebherr machines.
- Be able to translate technical complexity into easy understandable sales training documents with clear customer benefits.
- Strong and very experienced in presentation technique.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in a Technical of Business type degree from a four-year college or university
- Experience working in Mining or with Mining equipment is preferred but not required.
- Must have 4 to 5 years’ experience in development and delivery of Training content.
- Demonstrates strong selling skills and makes sales that meet customer needs.
- Ability to listen to all points of view and negotiate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, schematics, part drawings, assembly drawings, component / system specifications and governmental regulations.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Proven ability to develop and foster a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability in establishing a collaborative environment with internal and external customers to attain/maintain world-class customer service. Builds rapport with a variety of people and develops alliances in order to work toward common goals.
- Knowledge of processing tools and demonstrated ability with MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of project management principles.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Travel domestically and internationally over 50% of the time.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Referral Bonus: Tier I
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Tanya Marshall at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.