Strategy Analyst and Special ProjectsNewport News, VA | Job ID 63384
- Job ID 63384
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Administration
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 10/18/2022
Formulates and applies computational methods and modeling to develop and interpret information that assists management with the strategic planning process, including the facilitation of strategy workshops, company objectives, measures and initiatives, and maintenance of implemented strategy. Is responsible for strategic data and information, trend and scenario analysis, and other business analytics in support of strategic planning and execution for LME. Additionally, is responsible for special projects as assigned. Planning, directing, and coordinating activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Supplies overview of projects, project portfolios through dashboards, presentations or reports.
- Manage strategic planning system for a sound planning and achieving long- and short-term business objectives in a timely manner.
- Organize and facilitate strategy workshops for program evaluation, review or implementation
- Provide consultation and expert advice to other group-internal companies.
- Create standard processes and procedures for the strategic planning system.
- Co-develop policies for strategic planning and deployment.
- Collect and analyze data and develop decision support application, service or products used to establish company objectives, measures and initiatives.
- Collaborate with senior managers and decision makers to clarify management objectives and to maintain implemented strategy.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation and communication of the company strategy.
- Analyze information obtained from management to ensure full alignment of goals and objectives throughout company to enable focus on the targeted objectives.
- Investigate, document and report strategic improvement potentials to management.
- Prepare manuals and train workers in use of new forms, reports, procedures.
- Design, evaluate, recommend, and approve changes of forms and reports.
- Contributes gathering and evaluating market data with Liebherr affiliates.
- Support Marketing Communications team in communicating strategically to internal and external groups.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key internal customers to identify emerging needs and business challenges.
- Works with internal business customers to enhance their use of strategic analysis.
- Creates or contributes to the scheduling and prioritization of projects.
- Creates and/or reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources for various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work-plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget and reviews status reports of project personnel and adjusts schedule or plans as needed.
- Monitors and manages progress of projects, project risk and prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide advice and to resolve problems.
- Implements and ensures the application of project management methods, procedures, and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or Engineering with at least 2 years of related experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience. The candidate is desired to have experience in managing projects and Balanced Score Card experience is highly desired. PMP Certification is desired but not required.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique for these functional areas: Human Resources, Manufacturing, Sales, marketing, Business Development, Customer Support, Engineering, Procurement and Logistics.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task and attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and perform presentations.
- Ability to function in a team environment and work with other groups, as well as facilitate group events.
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Referral Bonus: Tier III
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Alden at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.