Actuation Systems and Liaison Engineer - Liebherr-Aerospace & Transportation Seattle OfficeEverett, WA | Job ID 63361
- Job ID 63361
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Engineering
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 10/17/2022
The Actuation Systems and Liaison Engineer position works with internal and external teams to develop innovative solutions and drive performance. This role provides expertise and support for the engineering team in Actuation Systems & Components field associated with the projects Liebherr Aerospace is involved with US based customers.
- Ensure Liebherr-Aerospace liaison engineering with the US based customers.
- The liaison engineer needs to be able to support the entire development process from early system and component studies, detailed design phase, lab integration and qualification phase, flight test phase to entry into service and sustaining. The Liaison engineer needs following knowledge to provide this support:
- Knowledge of general requirements for Actuation Systems & Components.
- Knowledge of aerospace product development processes and standards.
- Knowledge of aerospace qualification and certification processes.
- Knowledge for troubleshooting of aerospace equipment.
- Provide Customer with expertise and support related to Liebherr designed and developed Actuation Systems & Components.
- Actively participate in the Actuation components and systems engineering development integration teams and engineering meetings.
- Ensure appropriate preparation and organisation of the engineering meetings with the customer.
- Summarize, and prepare digests of technical meetings and decisions taken at the customer and ensure transmission of the information to the home base.
- Ensure appropriate follow up of agreed action items from the engineering meetings.
- Ensure adequate technical support to customers for ongoing joint activities by coordinating activities closely with the customer engineering management, the Seattle engineering manager and the home base Liebherr program management.
- Support program management in achieving budgets and timelines.
- Ensure reporting through the office and company tools.
- Ensure design expertise, support, and system integration activities with the customer in close coordination with the project and office management.
- Promote and ensure implementation of the technical directives given by the project leaders.
- Support and coordinate training of the production engineering personnel, support and participate to functional system testing in test labs and on the first production aircrafts.
- Provide and support engineering analysis, and disposition of snags associated with components, and detected on the assembly line in close cooperation with Final Assembly Line engineering.
- Ensure liaison engineering with the home base for lab, system ground and flight testing
- Ensure local configuration management of system installed in customer labs and on flight test aircrafts.
- Support flight test briefing and debriefings; collect and distribute flight test data, record, and provide advanced analyses of system snags to the home base.
- Perform system analyses, as directed by the project and office management.
- Ensure engineering support to the home-based supplier management team (engineering follow up of local US or Canadian companies).
- Promote the image of Liebherr Aerospace at engineering level and identify potential business activities based on engineering needs identified.
- Report new industry aircraft level technologies, technology trends, and/or technological development that may impact the Liebherr aerospace component design or the Liebherr aerospace component design philosophy.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or other related science/engineering field with 3-7 years of engineering experience relevant required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Liebherr Actuation products and services.
- Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound judgement.
- Fast comprehension and analysis of complex technical contexts.
- Perform in depth system analyses.
- Ability to operate and facilitate cross functional teams.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, within fast-changing environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Generating reports, and advanced competency with computer skills and applications.
- Ability to multitask, to participate to technical discussions and also take the notes needed to generate comprehensive meeting summaries and follow up actions.
- Ability to respond to complex inquiries or complaints from customers or suppliers.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, print reading, and basic electrical schematics.
- DOT drug screen required.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 20% of the time.
- Salary ranges are based on market data and years of experience.
Salary range: $90,000 to $107,000.
Flex time start, comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Silva at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.