Field Service Technician - ConcreteNewport News, VA | Job ID 61248
- Job ID 61248
- Division Concrete Technology
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 09/13/2022
The Field Service Technician plans, coordinates, and executes on-site (at customer location) and in-house service and maintenance for various types of Liebherr concrete equipment including, but not limited to, batch plants, recycling plants, mixers, concrete pumps, and truck-mounted conveyors.
- Supervise and assist with installation and commissioning of new and previously owned concrete equipment.
- Provide on-site or remote technical assistance to troubleshoot, repair, or adjust equipment.
- Perform on-site or in-house equipment assembly, upgrades, and modifications as directed by supervisor.
- Operate equipment to troubleshoot machine problems and evaluate correctness and completeness of repairs.
- Organize and conduct on-site safety, maintenance, and operational training for dealers and end users of LMT provided equipment.
- Recommend, specify, and maintain tools and equipment necessary to properly troubleshoot, repair, and maintain LMT provided equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of LMT’s workshop and warehouse areas.
- Perform warranty evaluations and assist with preparing warranty claims.
- Provide after-hours support as needed.
- Pack, ship, and receive parts and equipment for resale.
- Handle and properly dispose of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, parts cleaning solvents, and similar materials.
- Complete and submit all required reports and documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, a minimum of five (5) years related experience and/or training in repair and maintenance of construction equipment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Working knowledge of PLC applications and Ladder Logic programming.
- Working knowledge of welding, grinding, and metal fabrication.
- Efficient use of Microsoft Office products.
- Familiar with the safe operation of forklifts, overhead cranes, and other material handling.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills – ability to break problems down into smaller parts, and consider multiple solutions based upon cost, benefits, opportunities and risks associated with each solution.
- Experienced Trainer.
- Can understand and interpret maintenance and parts manuals.
- Can read blueprints and schematics.
- Can plan and execute tasks without supervision.
- Recognizes when it is necessary to request additional assistance.
- Travel to customer and dealer jobsites domestically and internationally up to 65% of the time for periods of 1-4 weeks duration as needed to satisfy customer and project requirements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid drivers’ license and passport.
- No objections or restrictions from travelling to and working in various locations in the United States, Canada, and South and Central America.
- Employee will occasionally be required to work up to 12 hour days and/or weekends as needed to satisfy customer requirements.
- Employee must be located within or be willing to relocate to within 40 miles of Liebherr’s facility in Newport News, VA.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portal www.liebherr.com.
Referral Bonus: Tier II
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Silva at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.