Logistics CoordinatorNewport News, VA | Job ID 61024
- Job ID 61024
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Logistics
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 09/12/2022
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the import and export of parts and machine shipments, preparing and compiling documents required by U.S. Customs for import and export of foreign cargo at domestic ports.
- Coordinates regular and oversized shipments – inbound/outbound, domestic/international, conventional/exceptional using air, ground and sea freight.
- Manage products (raw material, hazardous material, finished product, spare parts), considering the restrictions and special requirements (e.g., Customs, packaging, permits for special transports).
- Selects the optimal service (standard, Less-Than Truckload (LTL), truck, special trailers, expedited) regarding the destination and the timeframe.
- Asks for quotation when no rates are registered, obtain agreement to organize transport.
- Continuously find ways to improve processes, on-time delivery of goods and reduce transportation costs.
- Codes and approves freight invoices to third party suppliers.
- Assist in on-time payment of invoices to avoid late charges.
- Prepares all documentation relevant for transport (packing list, bill of lading, proforma invoice, etc.).
- Negotiates with internal/external sources; initiates new partnerships, optimizes flows.
- Prepare entry papers from shipper’s invoices in accordance with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (USCBP) regulations, and regulations of other federal agencies bearing on importation of goods such as FCC and DOT.
- Coordinate with brokers to ensure timely Customs releases and deliveries of shipments to ports outside of Virginia.
- Work directly with customers and/or carriers to ensure timely delivery of machines and parts.
- Obtain competitive freight quotes and arrange transport for earthmoving and concrete machines and parts.
- Prepare and file claims for damaged or lost shipments, monitor through resolution.
- Maintain department information logs (e.g. import and entry summary)
- Prepare/distribute release information to other departments in timely manner.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma and 3 years related experience.
- Proficient knowledge of International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS).
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to manage stress.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to adapt to change as necessary.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 5%.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portal www.liebherr.com.
Referral Bonus: Tier IV
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Jose Matrille at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.