Production PlannerNewport News, VA | Job ID 58761
- Job ID 58761
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production planning and control
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 09/20/2022
The Production Planner is responsible for planning, preparing and managing schedules utilizing a MRP (Materials Requirements Planning) system to ensure execution of a master schedule. Additionally, this position interacts with all departments within the organization to ensure on time delivery of parts to the customers.
- Executes the production schedule based on the master schedule, to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Coordinates with manufacturing personnel to ensure production plans are executed in accordance with the master schedule.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Sets up routings, lead-times and material offsets.
- Sets up, maintains and assigns operations for Production and Project Bills of Material.
- Establishes and maintains the material flow of parts from Warehouse to Manufacturing.
- Plans sequence of fabrication, paint, assembly and other manufacturing operations for timely execution of production orders.
- Coordinates with departments to determine status of assigned projects.
- Performs key responsibilities and knowledge in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) / Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system, Engineering Data Management (EDM) Software, Warehouse Management System (WMS) implementations and FPKOMM Warehouse and Manufacturing communication tool.
- Trains end users on ERP/MRP, EDM, WMS and FPKOMM system processes.
- Perform nesting of steel plates using nesting software.
- Utilizes AutoCAD.
- Analyzes and reads engineering drawings.
- Utilize MRP (Material Requirements Planning) system to schedule, release and complete production orders.
- Ensure on-time parts availability, track and expedite shortages.
- Creates reports in Excel to present to management.
- Assist fabrication and assembly in managing inventory in point-of-use warehouses.
- Troubleshoots operating problems, researches acceptable solutions from a business perspective, and implements the selected solution.
- Implements Engineering changes through Engineering Modification Reports, updates existing Production Orders and Production Bills of Material (PBOM).
- Assists in developing departmental processes and suggest continuous improvements.
- Prepares and maintains production reports.
- Associate's degree (A.A.S.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. APICS certification is a plus.
- Design: Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Computer Skills: working knowledge of ERP system is a plus; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Change Management: Communicates changes effectively; Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes, planning, bill of material, shop floor control and costing.
- Overnight/extended domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Jose Matrille at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.