Supplier Quality Engineer - Levels II & IIINewport News, VA | Job ID 50262
- Job ID 50262
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Quality management
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 04/20/2022
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is responsible for the assessment, development, and evaluation of manufacturing and quality capabilities of Liebherr’s supply base. Maintains smooth operations of materials suppliers. The SQE applies quality methods, statistical analysis, understanding of requirements, problem solving, and development of the supplier’s processes and capabilities. May perform supplier systems and process audits, value engineering activities, cost down projects and implement new strategies.
• Acquires job skills and learns policies, procedures and work instructions to complete routine tasks.
• Works on assignments routine in nature, requiring limited judgement.
• Routinely interact with cross-functional groups within the Liebherr organization.
• Act as the liaison between suppliers and Liebherr for quality, production, and process capability related concerns.
• Identify, investigate, analyze and correct problems in purchased product quality, production and control at supplier and Liebherr manufacturing locations.
• Apply and promote Quality tools and techniques.
• Conduct cross functional audits, generate reports and follow up with corrective action. Analyze data, develop reports and quality metrics.
• Facilitate Root Cause Analysis, Corrective, and Preventive actions within the organization.
• Develop quality and technical documentation.
• Support production operation for quality related issues.
• Has basic role in decision making.
• Works with some supervision.
• Receives detailed instructions on work.
• All duties of Engineer Level 1 plus:
• Applies acquired job skills, policies, procedures and work instructions to complete tasks.
• Requires instructions on a few assignments.
• Drive quality and process improvements throughout the organization.
• Monitor supplier performance and scorecards.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive quality and process improvements.
• Apply quality tools and techniques to analyze and evaluate quality problems and implement solutions.
• Collect, analyze data, develop metrics and reports using basic statistical methods.
• All duties of Engineer Levels 1 and 2 plus:
• Utilizes substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
• Requires minimal supervision.
• Works on assignments that are moderately difficult and require judgement in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
• Skilled in planning, managing, directing resources and managing projects.
• Has the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college, engineering or related discipline preferred, or
Associate Degree with two years related experience, or equivalent combination of education or experience in a manufacturing, engineering or quality field.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college, engineering or related discipline preferred with one to two years related experience, or Associate Degree with three years related experience or equivalent combination of education or experience in a manufacturing, engineering or quality field.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college, engineering related discipline preferred, with two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education or experience in a manufacturing, engineering or quality field.
• Is expected to travel nationally and internationally up to 25% to customer or supplier sites.
• Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
• This position is working from home eligible.
• Knowledge of fundamental engineering and project management concepts and practices.
• Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis, Problem Solving Process and 8D Methodology.
• Knowledge of ERP LN system as it relates to mining truck Bill of Materials (BOM) structure and inventory control.
• Excellent communication (oral & written) skills.
• Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as engineering specifications, drawings, blue prints, procedures, and manuals.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office.
• All duties of Engineer Level 1 plus:
• Experienced with ERP LN, LISA system as it relates to Supplier Corrective Action Management Process, Mining Truck Bill of Materials (BOM) structure and inventory control.
• Skilled in reading and interpreting blueprints, technical drawings, engineering specifications and technical documentation.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experienced with ISO 9001:2008 and auditing process using VDA 6.3 guidelines.
• All duties of Engineer Level 1 and 2 plus:
• Experienced with Statistical Analysis Software.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in project management and communications with suppliers, purchasing and engineering.
• Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, TS/AS16496, and applicable regulatory standards.
• Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints, technical drawings, engineering specifications and technical documentation.
• Skilled in auditing process using VDA 6.3 guidelines.
• Knowledge of Statistical analysis (MSA, Capability Study, SPC).
• Experienced in APQP methodology (Process flow, FMEA, Control Plan, PPAP).
• Experienced in problem solving methods (8D, Six Sigma tools, etc.).
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Referral Bonus: Tier III
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Alden at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.