Financial Business AnalystNewport News, VA | Job ID 50141
- Job ID 50141
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 02/13/2023
The Business Analyst performs detailed financial and operational analysis, and acts as a business partner to departments throughout the organization. The analyst develops and monitors data quality metrics and ensures business data and reporting needs are met. Utilizes available computer systems resources to carry out analysis to support management's quest for performance improvement. Reviews and analyzes information, forecasts, methods, schedules, systems, processes, and procedures. In order to be successful, the analyst needs to have a thorough understanding of the data housed in the ERP BaaN system, and must have working knowledge of IFRS.
- Define and track company-wide performance metrics that support key business decisions and determine the relevant data sources
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
- Confer with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures and identify problems.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
- Select the most appropriate analytical technique.
- Participate in the maintenance of BaaN integration settings and Integration Log Reconciliation.
- Provide data for periodic forecast reporting (KEP) and assist managers in preparing the budget
- Follow-up and monitoring of actual vs budget analyses.
- Analyze requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing ERP system.
- Train BaaN and LISA users on company policies and procedures to ensure quality and prevent discrepancies of data. Assist other departments with resolving issues and establishing procedures relating to ERP system.
- Confer with Business Analysts from other Liebherr Sales and Service companies to develop reports.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S) in Accounting, Business Administration or related field from four-year college or university and 2 – 4 years of relevant and related work experience.
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Organized with strong time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; active listening skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex accounting and operational data to non-financial colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Experience working with senior management
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial and operational data.
- Experience in different ERP systems (experience with Baan is preferred).
- Advanced computer skills, including expert MS Excel skills, MS PowerPivot and Power Query.
- Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Referral Bonus: Tier III
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Silva at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.