Service Engineer - Harbour Mobile Cranes (Ireland)Dublin | Job ID 44424
- Job ID 44424
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Construction Equipment
- Area of employment Engineering
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen for a Service Engineer (Harbour Mobile Cranes) in our Maritime Crane department based from Dublin, Ireland. The role contributes to the success of the Maritime Crane department for Liebherr-Ireland Ltd a rare opportunity to work on the largest harbour mobile cranes in Ireland by carrying out effective maintenance and repair work on Liebherr Harbour Mobile Cranes, ensuring both quality standards and timelines for repair are optimised at all times leading to increased customer confidence and repeat business whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
• Carry out, servicing, inspection and repair of Harbour Mobile Cranes around the Ports of Ireland with the opportunity to travel to the UK to assist in the same role.
• To focus, as a priority, on the Liebherr LHM harbour mobile cranes, but also to become familiar with other product types.
• Elements of work will include:
o Hydraulic fault diagnosis and repair
o Electrical fault diagnosis and repair (predominantly 24Vdc and 220-240Vac)
o Diesel engine service and repair including ecu software uploads / downloads
o Working at heights
o Assisting in building and dismantling LHM cranes
o Working to reasonable deadlines and being responsible for managing own time to comply with companies expectations
o Work closely with Technical Manager for support and training
• Undertake all work strictly in compliance with manufacturer guidelines and recommendations.
• Maintains a healthy and safe working environment for self and others through a clear understanding of workplace safety requirements and systems.
• Work closely with administration to ensure paperwork is in order
• Build and maintain a professional relationship with customers
• Develops an effective working relationship with the support team at the depot and can support others where required
• Works in accordance with the company quality assurance guidelines.
• Ensures that self-image is a key contributor to promoting company business, and maintains both personal image and vehicle condition and cleanliness to an exceptional standard at all times.
• Proactively seeks new opportunities to develop personal skills and looks at opportunities out in the field to apply these.
• Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
The successful candidate will require the following:
• Qualification - NFQ level 6 / national craft certificate level 6 or equivalent
• Solas Safe Pass Card
• Full clean driving license
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Connell at: [email protected]
One Passion. Many Opportunities.