Data Domain Manager Product & Item Master (m/w/d) - Global Data GovernanceNussbaumen | Job-ID 65615
- Job-ID 65615
- Unternehmensbereich Liebherr International
- Gesellschaft Liebherr-International AG
- Einsatzbereich Informationstechnologie / Software
- Land Schweiz
- Einstiegslevel Berufserfahrene
- Vertragsart Vollzeit
- Eintrittsdatum ab sofort oder nach Vereinbarung
Information assets are key for end-to-end business processes performance, transparency and innovation. Data becomes a strategic asset, ensuring the highest quality information about our products and services.The data domain manager is accountable for data quality assurance processes for the Data domain Product & Item Master, supports global data governance by establishing and enforcing standard & guidelines specific to the data domain.
- Strategic alignment:
- Ensures that data domain specific aspects are considered and aligned with the overall data strategy.
- Acts as a speaking partner to the business in Product & Item domain area regarding business strategies, changes in processes, in Master Data models and in reporting.
- Ensures that the Master Data for the domain supports the current and future business needs, especially the data domain specific data quality assurance processes.
- Domain network:
- Establishes and manages a network of Product & Item domain data owner and stewards in the Divisions and Mix-Sales Companies to ensure the quality and requested deliverables for common Product & Item Master Data are achieved.
- Acts as an everyday link between the Business and IT organizations providing constant feedback to the IT organization, representing the business on Product & Item related topics.
- Qualifies changes proposed to the data domain.
- Delegates specific tasks to the Data Domain Owner and Data Domain Steward.
- Data quality & data cleansing:
- Establishes processes and procedures to ensure data quality, and works cross-functionally to resolve Product & Item Master Data issues. Holds data owners accountable for data completeness and data accuracy.
- Ensures that the data domain specific data quality assurance is aligned and supports the achievement of globally defined data quality metrics.
- Works with the Product & Item data stewards and drives them to develop data cleansing plans based on data gaps. Monitors progress to plan and initiates corrective action as required.
- Participates in and facilitates the Product & Item Domain Board, including the definition and management of Product & Item Master Data governance policy, procedures, and controls (Master Data categorization, controls, security, retention, compliance, reporting) in respect of the Global Data Governance policies.
- Ensures that global data management standards and guidelines are followed within the data domain and are reflected in the data domain specific standards and guidelines.
- Oversees the activities and associated projects, ensuring that the milestones and goals are met and are within the approved budgets.
- Performs risk management analysis to reduce risks and reports and escalates to management and stakeholders as and when needed.
- Continuous improvement:
- Directs and implements continuous improvement of Product & Item Master Data management processes and practices. Communicates and collaborates cross-functionally to ensure alignment of priorities and decisions.
- Works with the organization to develop training documentation as and when needed.
- 10+ years experience with master data management, particularly Product & Item Master Data. Product management and/or IT data modelling background is a plus
- Understanding of how data is used within business processes and its impact on desired business process outcomes in Master Data Management
- In-depth knowledge of the manufacturing industry and its key business processes
- Experience with data analysis techniques
- Solid project management skills to guide point-in-time and ongoing targeted data quality, retention, security, privacy and ethics improvement projects
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of the importance and impact of data (or bad data) on the ability of the business to meet its own objectives
- Visibility with and respect from all levels of the organization — data domain manager must have credibility and a track record of success in the business
- Facilitation and conflict resolution skills to assist in resolving the different points of view and requirements that invariably collide during cross-team and cross-organization efforts
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate to diverse group of stakeholders and individuals, including senior management
- Confident handling of MS Office, Sharepoint, Jira and Confluence
- Fluent written and spoken English (B2) and German (minimum C1)
- Pragmatic approach, as well as a structured and independent way of working
- Work on multidisciplinary and challenging projects in an international environment
- On-the-job training
- Competitive salary
- Benefits of a stable and modern company with global presence
Haben wir Ihr Interesse geweckt? Dann freuen wir uns über Ihre Online-Bewerbung. Bei Fragen kontaktieren Sie bitte Regina Abou el Naga unter: [email protected]
One Passion. Many Opportunities.