Products and services of Liebherr-MCCtec Rostock GmbH
The core business of Liebherr-MCCtec Rostock GmbH is the manufacture of maritime cranes. These include:
- Ship cranes
- Mobile harbour cranes
- Offshore cranes
Reachstackers – port vehicles for stacking and handling containers – and container crane-components are also produced in Rostock.
Facts and figures on mobile harbour, offshore and ship cranes
- In the mobile harbour cranes segment Liebherr is the global market leader.
- Liebherr mobile harbour cranes are used in over 100 countries.
- Liebherr delivered its first mobile harbour crane in 1974. The thousandth crane went to Montoir Bulk Terminal in France in 2012.
- With a maximum lifting capacity of 308 tons and a reach of 66 meters, the LHM 800 mobile harbour crane is one of the largest and strongest of its type.
- The HLC 295000 offshore crane, the latest addition to the portfolio, has a maximum lifting capacity of 5,000 tonnes.
- The product portfolio of ship cranes includes a variety of configurations for general, bulk and heavy cargo, whereby lifting capacities of up to 1250 tonnes are possible.
- There are currently over 2,500 machines from the ship crane portfolio in operation worldwide on ships and barges and at port and harbor facilities.
- In the recent past Liebherr has delivered the most offshore cranes for heavy lift applications worldwide. Some of them are the largest conventional slewing cranes in the world.