Software Developer Engineer Intern (Spring/Summer 2024)Newport News, VA | Job-ID 70054
- Job-ID 70054
- Division Mining
- Société Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Secteur Research / development
- Pays United States
- Niveau d'entrée Students
- Type de contrat full time
- Date d'entrée 11/29/2023
The Engineering Intern performs basic engineering functions in support of mining equipment.
- Works with the Engineering staff on projects outlined in the individualized intern training plan.
- Works independently and as a team member with other Engineers, Designers, and production personnel or on ad hoc projects.
- Current active student in good standing who has completed 60 hours towards a related Engineering Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling, CAD drafting tools or drafting equipment and software.
- Ability to identify components of truck systems including drive systems, control systems, hydraulic systems, and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of design and installation and the ability to assist others in the installation, testing and analysis of components or complete machines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Referral Bonus: Tier IV
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Alden.
Liebherr-America, Inc. and its US affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are a California resident, please visit Liebherr USA, Co. Privacy Statement for more information regarding how Liebherr-America, Inc. and its US affiliates collect and process your personal information.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.