Data Domain Manager Product & Item Master (m/w/d) - Global Data GovernanceBulle | Job-ID 65615
- Job-ID 65615
- Division Liebherr International
- Société Liebherr-International AG
- Secteur Information technology / Software
- Pays Switzerland
- Niveau d'entrée Professionals
- Type de contrat full time
- Date d'entrée as soon as possible
Information assets are key for end-to-end business processes performance, transparency and innovation. Data becomes a strategic asset, ensuring the highest quality information about our products and services.The data domain manager is accountable for data quality assurance processes for the Data domain Product & Item Master, supports global data governance by establishing and enforcing standard & guidelines specific to the data domain.
- Strategic alignment:
- Ensures that data domain specific aspects are considered and aligned with the overall data strategy.
- Acts as a speaking partner to the business in Product & Item domain area regarding business strategies, changes in processes, in Master Data models and in reporting.
- Ensures that the Master Data for the domain supports the current and future business needs, especially the data domain specific data quality assurance processes.
- Domain network:
- Establishes and manages a network of Product & Item domain data owner and stewards in the Divisions and Mix-Sales Companies to ensure the quality and requested deliverables for common Product & Item Master Data are achieved.
- Acts as an everyday link between the Business and IT organizations providing constant feedback to the IT organization, representing the business on Product & Item related topics.
- Qualifies changes proposed to the data domain.
- Delegates specific tasks to the Data Domain Owner and Data Domain Steward.
- Data quality & data cleansing:
- Establishes processes and procedures to ensure data quality, and works cross-functionally to resolve Product & Item Master Data issues. Holds data owners accountable for data completeness and data accuracy.
- Ensures that the data domain specific data quality assurance is aligned and supports the achievement of globally defined data quality metrics.
- Works with the Product & Item data stewards and drives them to develop data cleansing plans based on data gaps. Monitors progress to plan and initiates corrective action as required.
- Participates in and facilitates the Product & Item Domain Board, including the definition and management of Product & Item Master Data governance policy, procedures, and controls (Master Data categorization, controls, security, retention, compliance, reporting) in respect of the Global Data Governance policies.
- Ensures that global data management standards and guidelines are followed within the data domain and are reflected in the data domain specific standards and guidelines.
- Oversees the activities and associated projects, ensuring that the milestones and goals are met and are within the approved budgets.
- Performs risk management analysis to reduce risks and reports and escalates to management and stakeholders as and when needed.
- Continuous improvement:
- Directs and implements continuous improvement of Product & Item Master Data management processes and practices. Communicates and collaborates cross-functionally to ensure alignment of priorities and decisions.
- Works with the organization to develop training documentation as and when needed.
- 10+ years experience with master data management, particularly Product & Item Master Data. Product management and/or IT data modelling background is a plus
- Understanding of how data is used within business processes and its impact on desired business process outcomes in Master Data Management
- In-depth knowledge of the manufacturing industry and its key business processes
- Experience with data analysis techniques
- Solid project management skills to guide point-in-time and ongoing targeted data quality, retention, security, privacy and ethics improvement projects
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of the importance and impact of data (or bad data) on the ability of the business to meet its own objectives
- Visibility with and respect from all levels of the organization — data domain manager must have credibility and a track record of success in the business
- Facilitation and conflict resolution skills to assist in resolving the different points of view and requirements that invariably collide during cross-team and cross-organization efforts
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate to diverse group of stakeholders and individuals, including senior management
- Confident handling of MS Office, Sharepoint, Jira and Confluence
- Fluent written and spoken English (B2) and German (minimum C1)
- Pragmatic approach, as well as a structured and independent way of working
- Work on multidisciplinary and challenging projects in an international environment
- On-the-job training
- Competitive salary
- Benefits of a stable and modern company with global presence
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Regina Abou el Naga at: [email protected]
One Passion. Many Opportunities.