Supervisor, Business AnalysisNewport News, VA | ID del trabajo 19054
- ID del trabajo 19054
- Área empresarial Mining
- Sociedad Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Ámbito de trabajo Information technology
- País United States
- Nivel de acceso Management positions
- Tipo de contrato full time
- Fecha de entrada 12/13/2019
The Supervisor, Systems Analysis is responsible to manage the design and development of the company’s web application solutions. The Supervisor, Systems Analysis works collaboratively within the Organization & IT department and business units to develop new and maintain current web applications in order to answer to business requirements and improve its processes. The Supervisor, Systems Analysis will be responsible for the supervision of the staff and act as a technical lead within their scope.
- Configures and maintains the company’s enterprise application portfolio.
- Supervises the administration and maintenance of the company’s internal and external portals.
- Configures and maintains automated business processes as defined by the business.
- Supports in-house applications and integrates systems.
- Ensures system compliance to standards and company policies.
- Develops technical strategies to meet process or business change requirements.
- Participates in development of new reports or tools as required by internal customers.
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects of varying size and platforms.
- Perform first level testing on various software and reporting systems.
- Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of work instruction and procedures including system and user manuals, documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Stay current on emerging technologies through training, independent research, and involvement with standard-setting Liebherr groups.
- Provides efficient reports on team progress and own assignments.
- Directly supervises staff of two employees and interns as applicable.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of employee.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science and five years demonstrated work experience in a software development and testing as an Analyst (or similar role) in an agile environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Some fluency in French highly desired.
Travel customer or supplier sites domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
Required experience in .NET Webforms (.NET MVC desired).
Experience in IIS, Apache, and/or similar Web Servers.
Experience using Visual Studio, Eclipse, and/or similar IDE’s.
Experience using TFS and/or similar source code repositories.
Experience with agile development frameworks within a team environment.
Familiarity with Business Intelligence (BI) technologies (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, PowerBI, etc.).
Familiarity with large scale enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems such as Infor, SAP, etc.
Demonstrated ability to analyze systems and processes in a business environment.
Demonstrated ability to make decisions; support and explains reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process.
Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals.
Demonstrated ability to develop business solutions using a wide range of tools.
Strong communication skills.
Ability to multitask.
Demonstrated ability to meet productivity standards, completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity in a constantly changing environment.
Strong working knowledge of software related to business systems.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.