Paint Shop OperativeBiggleswade | ID del trabajo 51342
- ID del trabajo 51342
- Área empresarial Liebherr International
- Sociedad Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Ámbito de trabajo Production
- País United Kingdom
- Nivel de acceso Professionals
- Tipo de contrato full time
We are currently recruiting for three Paint Shop Operative roles to work in our Paint Shop department based in Biggleswade. These will be on a fixed term basis for twelve months. The role contributes to the success of Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd by actively supporting the paint shop to deliver customer satisfaction through quality workmanship, whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times, maintaining a healthy and safe working environment and working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
• To prepare and carry out all aspects of painting using the latest technology HVLP electrostatic spray equipment as well as manual brush and roll paint methods to all types of commercial vehicles, plant machinery, structures and components and mobile cranes, using compliant two-pack primers and topcoats.
• To prepare and carry out all aspects of preparation to all types of commercial vehicles and plant machinery, structures and components. This to include de-greasing, washing, masking, flatting and basic filler repairs and corrosion removal as necessary as well as preparation (using both mechanical and manual methods and equipment, orbital sanders, needle-guns and abrasive tools) to exacting specifications in accordance with quality and production standards.
• All documentation relating to the work activities must be completed fully, accurately and in a timely manner.
• Travelling to off-site locations as may be requested from time to time to undertake paint shop related activities, promotional work or training. This might also involve travel overseas.
• Collaborative team-working within the department which may include additional extended working hours or shift working from time to time.
• To ensure as far as possible that any commercial risks to the company are eliminated when dealing with customers and suppliers.
• In all activities to ensure that the Safety, Quality, Environmental, Financial and Operational policies of the company are adhered to and promoted, and that company procedures, both operational and administrative, are maintained.
• Takes responsibility for self-development and continually identifies ways of improving technical skills.
• Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
The successful candidate will require the following:
• GCSE passes grade A – C or 9 - 4 in Maths and English or equivalent
• Able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role and / or industry
• A strong background in automotive or commercial spraying in environments where quality outputs are considered essential.
• Attention to detail and flexible approach to work
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Connell at: [email protected]
One Passion. Many Opportunities.