Repair Shop Supervisor- Mobile CranesNewport News, VA | ID del trabajo 19283
- ID del trabajo 19283
- Área empresarial Mobile Cranes
- Sociedad Liebherr USA Co.
- Ámbito de trabajo Customer Service
- País United States
- Nivel de acceso Management positions
- Tipo de contrato full time
Supervise and organize the day to day functions and employees in the Newport News Repair Shop under the guidance of General Manager, Customer Service. Assist in the planning and coordinating of Staff and Budget Requirements with General Manager, Customer Service. Responsible for the development and implementation of procedures and guidelines for Repair Shop to ensure an efficient work flow and high quality standards. Responsible for the development and implementation of procedures and guidelines for Repair Parts inventory, receiving, shipping and administration handling. Sets the positive example in punctuality and professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulations and all other company programs.
- Prepare Cost Estimates for Repair Jobs and negotiate with customers to include the calculation of all labor costs, parts used during repairs, consumables used during repair, third party expenses (such as outside welders, etc.), and generates invoices to customer to ensure payment.
- Manages and oversees the purchasing process for the repair shop.
- Manages and oversees the time tracking, logistics, and invoice processes for the repair shop.
- Responsible for all logistics pertaining to repair orders.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of all operations related to repair.
- Oversees the ordering of all parts and supplies required for contracted repairs.
- Responsible for overseeing all shipping and receiving of parts and supplies for contracted repairs.
- Supervise products and equipment tests after repair or modification to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s and company’s specifications.
- Oversees the maintenance of quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self-follow established safety procedures.
- Oversees the handling and disposing of hazardous wastes, such as toner, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner, and similar material.
- Communicate and support other departments to achieve the highest possible customer support.
- Serves as division Safety Representative in Newport News location, and implements and oversees all safety related requirements. Supervisory Duties:
- Manages and supervises Repair Shop employees and Repair Shop Administrator.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Repair Shop team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High school graduate or GED. At least 2-3 years of relevant experience in similar position. Prior supervisory experience in similar position preferred.
- Prior repair experience with mobile or crawler cranes, or other heavy equipment.
- Demonstrated initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to multi-task while completing work in a competent and professional manner.
- Competency in mechanical and electrical technical engineering application.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.