Technical Advisor Earthmoving EquipmentBurlington | Job ID 13306
- Job ID 13306
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Why Liebherr Canada?
We are family-owned and take care of our own.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including Company paid health, dental and vision care plan for employees and their dependents from the 1st day, 3 weeks’ annual vacation to start, and an RRSP with a generous employer match.
Provide both technical support and customer service to Liebherr customers and service technicians. Act as the first point of contact for all technical questions, inquiries and problems related to the equipment, with an objective to troubleshoot the issue at first step resolution. Focus on timely solutions and customer satisfaction and department profitability as per department KPIs. Candidates across Canada, able to work from any of our canadian branches are welcomed to apply.
The work schedule is from Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week. Rotational shift work required between 7:00 am and 8:00 pm eastern time line.
- Provide equipment specific technical advice, guidance and troubleshooting to customers and technicians
- Interface with customers for service issues including participation in scheduled customer service meetings
- Generate work for the service department, field and work shop related
- Prepare and review customer quotations
- Support with maintaining reasonable WIP (Work in Progress) levels
- Liaise with the associated Liebherr factory for inquires, technical questions and feedback
- Provide factory technical support for modifications and upgrades
- Technical support of warranty and goodwill cases
- Support parts department for special inquiries
- Assure safety service information and bulletins are implemented
- Support the Technical Trainer with training requirements for technicians
- Maintain and prepare service department documentation
- Support modification process to ensure work is completed in a timely manner
- Advanced understanding of oil samples
- Ability to perform failure analysis on components
- Ability to use LIDAT and LISA to review historical data and trends
- Maintain and update problem database
- Field visit to customers sites as required
- Heavy Equipment Technician license required
- Post Secondary education in mechanical engineering field an asset
- Bilingual English/French required
- Min. 5 years experience working in a technical capacity in heavy equipment industry; Liebherr Earthmoving products experience preferred
- Construction Equipment technical training completed
- Expert knowledge of hydraulics and electrical systems in heavy equipment, and of schematics and drawings
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at the same time in a even tempered capacity
- Resourceful and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communications skills of detailed and complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong Relationship building skills with customers and internal/external stakeholders
- Possess a valid passport with the ability to travel within Canada and Europe for training and technical upgrading as required for Sculi, Lidia and Service Advisory functions.
All Liebherr Canada positions require:
• Safe Work Practices • Customer Service Oriented • Professional Demeanor • Proactive
• Computer Literacy • Sense of Urgency • Interpersonal Skills