Software Developer (Product Development)Newport News | Job ID 6844
- Job ID 6844
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Creates the algorithms and code necessary to control mining haul truck functions.
- Creates the documentation necessary to describe the software logic flow and architecture.
- Works with Control Engineers to specify proper control components (PLC’s, mobile computers, HMI, and other associated hardware).
- Investigates and test vendors' products.
- Works independently and as a team member with other Engineers, Designers, and production personnel or on ad hoc projects.
- Works along with other Engineers to design, install, test, analyze, and maintain the software required to control electrical products, equipment, and systems to meet requirements.
- Works along with other Engineers to research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data.
- Confers with Engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Participates in Engineering Development Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS Computer Science, BS Information Systems), with a minimum two years of programming experience in an engineering environment or have the equivalent combination of education and experience. This position is open to candidates with a range of years’ of experience from 2 years to senior level with 8 or more years’ experience
- The ideal candidate for this role must have experience with the following:
- WinForms, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- ASP.NET / C#
- Entity Framework or other ORM experience
- Experience or knowledge of the following is not required but highly desired:
- Experience with CoDeSys!
- MSSQL, SQLite
- IIS7, Windows Server DevOps
- RESTful web services
The ideal candidate will have both Windows Application and full stack Web Development Experience
Roles that are similar and comparable to our Software Developer position: Windows Application Developer; Software Developer
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.