Production PlannerNewport News, VA | Job ID 382
- Job ID 382
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production planning and control
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry As soon as possible
The Production Planner plans and prepares production schedules for the manufacturing of mining equipment components.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Absent undue hardship reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Plans sequence of fabrication, paint, assembly and other manufacturing operations for timely execution of production orders.
- Coordinates with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Performs key user responsibilities on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Engineering Data Management (EDM) Software and Warehouse Management System (WMS) implementations.
- Trains end users on ERP, EDM and WMS system processes.
- Perform nesting using nesting software.
- Analyze and read engineering drawings.
- Utilize MRP system to schedule, release and complete production orders.
- Ensure on-time parts availability and track and expedite shortages.
- Assist fabrication and assembly in managing inventory in point-of-use warehouses.
- Troubleshoots operating problems, researches acceptable solutions from a business perspective, and implements the selected solution.
- Implements Engineering changes through Engineering Notices (EN) and Engineering Change Request (ECR), updates existing Production Orders and Production Bills of Material (PBOM).
- Assists in developing departmental processes and suggest continuous improvements. Prepares production reports.
- Associates degree from an accredited university and 4 years related work experience. Previous experience with ERP, EDM and WMS systems is a plus. APICS CPIM certification is a plus.
- Design: Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Computer Skills: working knowledge of ERP system is a plus; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Change Management: Communicates changes effectively; Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes, planning, bill of material, shop floor control and costing.
- Overnight/extended domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com. Applications must include a cover letter.