Administrative Support Services SupervisorNewport News, VA | Job ID 37161
- Job ID 37161
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Administration
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Supervises the facilities’ receptionists responsible for: distributing the mail on a daily basis; preparing bulk mail; coordinating, stocking, and arranging conference rooms; arranging staff’s routine domestic travel; stocking supplies; answering the main phone line; and greeting visitors.
- Reads and routes incoming mail. Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by Executive Management.
- Prepares outgoing mail and confidential correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Answers and screens Supervisor's telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
- Takes dictation.
- Composes and types routine correspondence. Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Organizes and maintains file systems, and files correspondence and other records.
- Coordinates Executive Management’s schedules and makes appointments.
- Arranges and coordinates international travel schedules and reservations for LUS staff.
- Coordinates and arranges domestic and international meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares meeting rooms, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Conducts research, compiles and types statistical reports.
- Audits expense reports.
- Orders and maintains supplies. Coordinates company vehicles usage.
- Greets visitors and directs visitors to appropriate area or person.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Coordinates with Executive Assistant, Sales & Marketing /Event Planning Lead to provide occasional support for company events with Administrative Support Services Department resources and staff.
- Directly supervises 2 employees in the Administrative Support Services Department.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Administrative support Services team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 5 years of experience in a similar role, or in an administrative role with a high level of responsibility
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Ability to interface with other departments and dealers/customers with tact and courtesy.
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with colleagues and takes well to direction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of management.
- Demonstrates professional conduct.
- Ability to perform effectively, despite sudden deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in high pressure situations.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships.
- Demonstrates exceptional work habits and is judicious in carrying out assignments without direction.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of computers and standard office equipment.
- Competency in the utilization of personal computers and business software. This includes, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan Wood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.