Warehouse Operations SpecialistNewport News, VA | Job ID 34745
- Job ID 34745
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Logistics
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Warehouse Operations Specialist position is responsible for all aspects of the inventory control, accuracy, movement, shipping and reconciling discrepancies. Utilize Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for material flow through delivery, shipping and specialized stocking areas such as vertical lifting machine. Specialist are also expected to have proficiency in all warehouse operations activities related to parts order fulfillment.
- Maintains the company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for the transaction of sales, purchase receipt, shipping and re-distribution requirements.
- Utilizes the ERP system to perform inquiries in support of inventory reconciliation, receipt, transfer, and shipments.
- Analyze ERP discrepancies through transactional history reports.
- Create logistics documentation using available shipping systems, resolve errors, research inventory and shipping discrepancies.
- Run various internal and external shipping programs.
- Accurately maintain inventory levels through the delivery of goods to internal and external customers using available ERP system.
- Pulls sales orders, replenishment orders or requests for parts and materials using order pickers and rack loaders and places orders on pallets or shelves and distributes items to the designated area or shipping department.
- Process orders for domestic and international shipment as required for the transportation mode per company guidelines.
- Assists in investigating, resolving and coordinating shipping and receiving discrepancies as first level with assistance of supervisors or management.
- Proficient in specialized stocking required for vertical lifting machine (VLM). Able to use Power Pick software for picking, stocking and first level transactional research with in the machine.
- Depending upon work area the ability to audit quantity to sales order, bin location or ERP system to ensure accuracy of either on-hand, customer order or shipping quantity.
- Reports inventory variances relative to stocking, audited shipments, and bin locations to supervisors or managers.
- Checks incoming shipments against the Bill of Lading/packing list for correctness of piece count and condition, noting any corrections or changes on Bill of Lading ensuring the driver has signed, acknowledging discrepancies and/or damages.
- Unpacks, checks quantity and condition and or damage of incoming parts and materials.
- Inputs stock location changes in system (new parts).
- Performs Inventory Cycle Counts and assists in reconciliation.
- Process and prioritize backorders.
- Operates lift trucks up to 10,000 lbs capacity, to accomplish tasks.
- Performs any work deemed necessary in all areas of the warehouse as directed by Warehouse Operations Lead and/or Warehouse Operations Supervisor or Manager.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with three years related experience or knowledge in warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to maintain forklift and crane certification.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to navigate through the appropriate computer or inventory system applications, i.e. MS Office Products, Inventory software and Order processing systems.
- Knowledge of Metric and Standard Systems and conversions.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and good housekeeping practices.
- Knowledge of the safe operation of basic power tools, i.e. saws, drill motors air compressors.
- Skilled in basic keyboarding.
- Skilled in carpentry such as building boxes and crates.
- Skilled in reading basic tools of measurements, i.e. tape measure, calipers etc.
- Ability to read and interpret Liebherr Employee Rules and Regulations, company safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, production and customer sales orders.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan Wood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.