Field Service Technician - Construction Equipment ManassasManassas, VA | Job ID 34242
- Job ID 34242
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
The Field Service Technician performs mechanical maintenance and assembly adjustments in the shop and in the field on heavy equipment such as crawler and wheel excavators, dozers, loaders, material handlers and other construction equipment for customers; must possess hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting abilities; maintains punctuality and a professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulations and all other company programs.
- Travels and works on customer machines in the field and in the repair shop.
- Operates and maintains electric and/or air powered hand tools.
- Assists in testing and commissioning of products.
- Performs pre-start checks and ensures product is ready for start-up.
- Meets quality standards with no supervision, and minimum required rework.
- Operates forklifts and overhead cranes as required.
- Maintains quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Works safely by following established safety procedures and promotes safe work habits.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Troubleshoots using hydraulic and/or electrical schematics.
- Completes repair tickets showing work completed and any follow-up required.
- Interfaces with customers.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma, technical school or apprenticeship, and three (3) to five (5) years of demonstrated experience and ability to work on heavy equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to train others.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Demonstrated ability using diagnostic software for troubleshooting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter who is able to work independently as well as a team member.
- Demonstrated mechanical, electrical and hydraulic maintenance skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to work on a variety of equipment at various locations.
- Ability to read various measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, and torque wrenches.
- Travel domestically up to 15% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to provide own hand tools.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days. Applications are only accepted via the online-portal www.liebherr.com.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Swicegood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.