Marketing & Communication SpecialistNewport News, VA | Job ID 30232
- Job ID 30232
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Marketing / PR / Communication
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 6/1/2021
The Marketing & Communication Specialist is responsible for the implementation of the marketing strategy and development of marketing activities related to the mining truck business, but not limited to, in accordance with global corporate standards, mining division strategy and regional requirements. This position will work closely with internal customers and affiliates, the Marketing & Communication Specialist will execute marketing initiatives internally and externally across a variety of media platforms, international and local trade fairs.
- Implement Liebherr Mining global marketing strategy in cooperation with the other factories and affiliates.
- Contribute to the formulation of marketing policy, programs and strategy for the mining truck business.
- Develop creative ideas and concepts to meet company’s objectives for mining trucks globally.
- Analyzes market trends, and develops market-specific marketing campaigns and tools to support the sales team globally.
- Collaborate with marketing and other professionals to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts
- Develop and maintain Liebherr’s online footprint though remarkable and engaging social campaigns and media posts.
- Monitor; analyze data; create management reports and detailed evaluations of marketing activities.
- Point of contact for the Corporate Marketing team in Europe and affiliates.
- Participate in editorial conferences with European colleagues (in Europe and via video conferencing) and internal/external marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, newsletters, websites, events planning etc.).
- Research and write original B2B content based on technical information, customizing for target audiences.
- Assist with responses to sales representatives, press and the general public on advertising and public relations of mining products and the factory.
- Obtain quotes for various marketing projects, strive to keep costs within budget, and make manager aware if budget may be exceeded.
- Organize and execute factory tours for visitors.
- Manage and monitor the company’s merchandise inventory and product literature.
- Coordinate execution of photo and video shoots to support global marketing efforts.
- Provide support to the marketing team, creating, formatting and editing PowerPoint documents.
- Design prints for internal and external use such as: yearly newsletters, annual reports, handouts, web and billboard, advertisement, brochures.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area of study (e.g. marketing, advertising, journalism, communications) from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with social media platforms and marketing program development and implementation. Prior experience in construction and/or mining industry strongly preferred but not required
- Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Knowledge of corporate design practices, logo usage and corporate identity standards.
- Experienced with media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes verbal, written, and visual media.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Must have exceptional command of the English and German language, verbal and written. Additional language skills a plus.
- Presents information professionally with poise and confidence in front of an audience.
- Well organized, superior attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Must be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook) Social Media Tools such as (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) and Monitoring Tools such as (Socialbakers). Must be proficient in the use of social media web technology.
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social media etc.) and market research methods.
- Demonstrable experience translating business information/data/analytics into compelling articles and visuals (e.g. press release, brochure, charts, graphs, informational graphics, and presentations).
- Commercial awareness partnered with a creative mind.
- Ability to learn new programs as needed.
- Basic understanding of engineering concepts.
- Additional Requirements:
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time with some trips lasting up to 2 weeks.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Lolitta Miller at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.