Divisional Director, Maritime CranesHialeah Gardens, FL | Job ID 30191
- Job ID 30191
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 6/3/2021
The Divisional Director- Maritime Cranes is responsible for the management of sales and service activities of Liebherr Maritime Crane products in the United States. Acts to influence sales and service personnel and coordinate spare parts for products sold within North America for the Maritime Crane division.
- Full sales responsibility for The Americas.
- Serves as the Divisional Director- Maritime Cranes at LUS. Responsible for driving the product line to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, and cash flow, business goals and objectives.
- Markets development and expansion in the region to increase sales and expansion of market share.
- Defines, prepares and consolidates market specific activities and measures, in coordination with the local country or regional organization, taking into account the division’s global strategy.
- Performs market observation, definition of market requirements and development of successful proposals to drive long lasting market penetration; drives implementation of marketing programs. Creates reports annually or as required on the division activities for the assigned market area.
- Conducts market and competition surveys and analysis.
- Identifies and centralizes market and customer requirements for product development and market adaptations.
- Develops and supports local and regional representative organizations within the industry.
- Optimizes sales processes.
- Responsible for training of sales teams and local sales organizations.
- Responsible for all sales and other contracts, to ensure legal compliance within US and regional laws and Liebherr guidelines.
- Responsible for project management of maritime crane projects, in conjunction with the factory in Germany.
- Responsible for pricing and financing solutions of new and used machines and spare parts.
- Creates and monitors budgeting, planning and forecasting models.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with sales and/or marketing program development and implementation preferably in a supervisory role. Prior experience with construction machinery required, maritime crane equipment desired. Must be fluent in English, with other language skills desirable (German, French or Spanish).
- Travel up to 75% domestically and internationally.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Manages Direct Reports and indirectly manages subordinate employees.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Maritime Cranes team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Management – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops staff skills and encourages growth.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make timely decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Planning and Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- External Awareness – Keeps informed about market conditions, competitive information and political factors that may impact the goals of the organization.
- Analytical Thinking – Breaks down problems and issues into components, and analyzes the costs, benefits, opportunities, and risks associated with each alternative solution.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems, gathers and analyzes information, and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Selling Skills – Demonstrates strong selling skills, persuasiveness and makes sales that meet customer needs.
- Negotiation Skills – Listens to all points of view and negotiates compromise.
- Product Knowledge – Has a good understanding of the product line and sells the product that will best meet the customer’s needs.
- Relationship Building / Networking – Builds rapport with a variety of people and develops alliances to work together toward common goals.
- Proficiency in MS Office, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan Wood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.