Design EngineerSaline, MI | Job ID 30032
- Job ID 30032
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Engineering
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 05/27/2021
The Design Engineer position works with internal and external teams to develop innovative solutions and drive performance. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Absent undue hardship reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Prepare design documentation in context of new and serial projects according to company processes and standards.
- Create detail and assembly drawings.
- Create and verify drawing views, sections and projections.
- Create and modify CAD models.
- Create and manage BoMs in PLM system.
- Propose and design repair and modification solutions for complex aerospace parts, assemblies and systems.
- Prepare justification and certification documentation for repairs and modifications
- Manage multiple projects including budgets and timelines.
- Knowledge of aircraft components and advanced knowledge of a 3D CAD system, preferably PTC Creo or CATIA.
- Knowledge of a PLM system, and also air law and aircraft certification rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of aerospace materials, coatings and manufacturing and repair processes.
- Knowledge of industry standard design-and-development processes and methods.
- Ability to operate and facilitate cross functional teams and willingness and ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in a potentially stressful environment.
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, within fast-changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering or other related science/engineering field (Master’s degree preferred) with 2-5 years of experience relevant to the role required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Flex time start, comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Thomas at: 734-429-7225.
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.