Purchasing SpecialistHialeah Gardens, FL | Job ID 29762
- Job ID 29762
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Purchasing
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for all long and short term inventory planning functions and the analysis of spare parts turnover for all maritime cranes related inventory. The position is also responsible for identifying new inventory items, superseded parts and developing a forecasting model using component life data by machine model. Using the ERP system establish inventory stock levels, re-stocking levels and strategies for the inventory in Miami.
Essential Job Duties:
- Analyze and evaluate the planning of parts and inventory levels whilst minimizing stock and maintaining an accurate forecast for ongoing requirements. Purchases parts for inventory and customer orders
- Develops, participates and executes local material purchasing strategies.
- Deploy commodity and sourcing expertise to support supplier identification, qualification and development.
- Conducting research on potential products, vendors, and services, and comparing price and quality to ensure the best deal.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Report/claim damaged, shortage and/or overage of parts received
- Provides warehouse with storage lists
- Follows up on open purchase orders and back order parts
- Collaborate with warehouse stuff to maintain locations of items in the ERP System
- Reviews and approves suppliers invoices
- Ensures all of the above is handled according to ICS company policies
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma with minimum of 3 years of procurement experience
- Strong analytic skills
- Extensive knowledge of products
- Ability to evaluate market conditions and various suppliers
- Keen eye for detail
- Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus: Is attentive and responsive to the needs of internal and/or external customers. Builds and maintains customer satisfaction.
- Communication: Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly. Disseminates information. Shares knowledge. Uses appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information.
- Teamwork: Develops and maintains positive relationships with peers and superiors. Accepts instructions and assignments. Assists others to accomplish group objectives. Creates trust. Works collaboratively in group situations and values diverse points of view. Helps develop peers and co-workers.
- Integrity: Demonstrates honesty, fairness, and trustworthiness. Follows through on commitments and admits to mistakes. Can be counted on to accept accountability for his/her own decisions, actions or results.
- Position Specific Competencies:
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Advanced knowledge of procurement principles, theories, processes. Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to comprehend and interpret contractual language.
- Willingness and ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, fractions, ratios to practical situations.
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, within fast-changing environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical documents and specifications, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or suppliers.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and suppliers.
- Ability to multi-task while completing work in a competent and professional manner.
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Handles multiple assignments and priorities while fulfilling all commitments. Handles a fair work load and meets deadlines. Accepts new responsibilities and adapts to changes in procedures.
- Initiative: Works independently to solve problems. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibilities.
- Analytical Thinking: Breaks down problems and issues into components and analyzes the costs, benefits, opportunities, and risks associated with each alternative solution.
- Cost Awareness: Strives to keep costs to a minimum. Demonstrates sound fiscal responsibility in all activities.
- Continuous Self Improvement: Works toward developing new skills or enhancing existing skills, accepts new responsibilities and adapts to changes in procedures
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Beatrice Bushee at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.