Spare Parts Business ManagerNewport News, VA | Job ID 29492
- Job ID 29492
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
The overall responsibility of this position is to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Spare Parts department.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensures achievement of budgeted goals for profitability and expenses for Parts Department.
- Responsible for start -up and close out of new locations for spare parts.
- Liaison between Liebherr Mobile & Crawler Cranes Division Branch Support Managers and other LUS departments/divisions in Newport News on spare parts related matters.
- Assesses, checks, and reports collected data in order to manage inventory.
- Analyzes inventory records and interprets overall results of inventory.
- Utilizes computer systems resources and personnel to carry out analysis to support performance improvement.
- Collects, analyzes and interprets various types of data utilizing analytical, statistical and communication skills.
- Instills and directs the pro-active After Sales Service approach for various departments.
- Reviews and analyzes forecasts, information, methods, schedules, systems, processes and procedures.
- Monitors competitive activity and trends within the territories, including parts pricing.
- Maintains and assures the proper use of the company BaaN system for the transaction of sales, purchase receipt, production issue, shipping, and re-distribution requirements.
- Maintain/establish a well-organized profitable work center with emphasis on customer relations.
- Ensures parts department personnel are well trained and available when needed.
- Reviews all stock orders to ensure a fast moving balanced inventory of Parts & Components.
- Maintains sufficient quantities of stock to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ratio.
- Supervises and maintains an accurate up-to-date inventory management and control system.
- Provides superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Handles customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude and demonstrate our commitment to Superior Customer Service
- Promotes safety in work processes and associate performance by supporting company and/or facility safety programs, educating associates, and ensuring a generally safe work environment.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Monitors sales staff performance to ensure that goals are met.
- Manages Direct Reports.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Parts team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in a related field plus five years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Parts and inventory background a must.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, fractions, ratios to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of software and systems related to parts operations activities; timekeeping systems; project management software; spreadsheet software; and word processing software.
- Ability to create and foster a team environment.
- Have strong record keeping and organizational skills.
- Ability to direct and manage others.
- Strong reporting skills essential.
- Quality of Work: Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Katherine Wishon at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.