Project ManagerSaline, MI | Job ID 28862
- Job ID 28862
- Division Machine Tools & Automation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Automation Systems Co.
- Area of employment Production planning and control
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 4/1/2021
Job Summary:The Project Manager is accountable and responsible to lead project teams to meet or exceed project objectives and customer deliverables in relation to: quality, profitability and cost, timing and resource planning. Additionally, the Project Manager manages project scope, communication, and reporting activities from project inception through launch.
- Lead development of project "Initiation Activities" (e.g. kick-off meeting).
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives. Document and manage all project specific objectives, and ensure understanding by all involved functions.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track the progress of each project.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Coordinate risk and opportunity management planning activities by leading core team members in proactive identification, prioritization, response planning, monitoring and controlling of project related risks to eliminate or minimize the negative impact and assess opportunities to maximize positive impact the project targets.
- Guide the applicable core team members to translate the project requirements into a sourcing plan and ensure supplier related project requirement are properly reflected and communicated.
- Ability to manage and facilitate a cross functional team with a penchant towards operational efficiency.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and responsibilities with attention to detail
- Ability to handle stressful / pressure situations in a professional manner.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, within fast-changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 3-5 years of project management experience and a minimum of three (3) full lifecycle projects managed, with a demonstrated progression of complexity and scope; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one global project managed, with cross-functional experience of 3-4 years in either in manufacturing, engineering, purchasing, finance, quality or sales. Automotive industry and manufacturing experience preferred.
Flex time start, tuition assistance, comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Thomas at: 734-429-7225.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.