Logistics CoordinatorNewport News, VA | Job ID 26110
- Job ID 26110
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Logistics
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 12/3/2020
The Logistics Coordinator coordinates for parts shipments associated with Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Coordinates transports (inbound/outbound – domestic/international- conventional/exceptional) and products (raw material, hazardous material, finished product, spare parts), taking into account the restrictions and special requirements (e.g. Customs, packaging, permits for special transports).
- Selects the optimal (efficient, economic and effective) service (standard, LTL, truck, special trailers, expedited) regarding the destination and the timeframe.
- Asks for quotation when no rates are registered, obtain agreement to organize transport.
- Coordinates shipments with the Parts Department and reports the situation when needed.
- Prepares all documentation relevant for transport (packing list, B/L, etc…).
- Bills the parts prior to shipment, send the invoices to the customers.
- Codes for payment transport invoices, based on quotes or existing contracts, routing instructions, fulfilled delivery times and performance.
- Improves the supply chain for parts shipments (study the market, compare through benchmarks, analyze and present the results…).
- Offers new solutions within the external logistics frame.
- Negotiates with internal/external sources; initiates new partnerships, optimizes flows.
- Reach the goals/objectives set by the External Logistics Manager.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma and 3 years related experience (degree preferred)
- Highly proficient with the International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS).
- Highly proficient with the internal transportation software system (Lissy).
- Understands the supply chain and its environment (regulations, actors…)
- Has strong verbal and written interpersonal skills. Has strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) such as BaaN, LN or SAP R3.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to manage stress.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to adapt to change as necessary.