Service Training ManagerNewport News, VA | Job ID 25945
- Job ID 25945
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry immediate
The Service Training Manager will work out of the Newport News, VA office providing management, development and conduct technical training for Liebherr construction equipment products to both internal and external customers and support to dealers as required. Must have a strong background in troubleshooting, service and maintenance of heavy construction equipment products, engines, and components.
- Manages and provides all aspects of the technical training program to ensure company personnel, dealers, and customers receive the necessary technical training.
- Manages and provides oversight of training department budget and discretionary spending of training department funds.
- Supervises and manages Training Department employees.
- Manages the design, development, and performance of classroom, self-paced, OJT, and E-learning training programs and content for technical schools, webinars, internet-based, or other internal training initiatives.
- Manages and provides oversight for the relevance and accuracy of training to industry standard goals and objectives. Ensure compliance with all Federal and other mandated training requirements.
- Ensures evaluations are performed on training courses to assess comprehension and effectiveness of training.
- Manages the administration and performance of the Learning Management System and/or other training systems or databases. Ensure Training Department personnel are sufficiently trained on the systems to accurately and efficiently administer training.
- Develops new courses and programs to ensure that the product training is comprehensive and competitive with industry leaders.
- Coordinates with relevant Liebherr European factories to update and maintain training content.
- Manages, prepares and conducts service schools held in-house or in the field.
- Reviews requests for offsite trainings and handles the logistics of dealer specific, regional, and customer trainings.
- Instructs dealer and internal technical team technicians on how to troubleshoot products using the appropriate computers and testing equipment.
- Operates equipment in professional manner at all times.
- Demonstrates the advantages that Liebherr products have over the competition.
- Prepares detailed technical reports and system performance analyses that can be forwarded to the respective Liebherr factory for machine and special attachment performance review.
- Assists other Liebherr Service Representatives and Dealer Mechanics on troubleshooting procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of product updates and advancements through continual training and self-improvement.
- Manages Direct Reports.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Training team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area or an Associate’s Degree in relevant area plus equivalent experience. Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory or management experience. Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of technical training of heavy equipment.
- Must have advanced knowledge in DC and AC electric circuits.
- Must have advanced knowledge of diesel engine concepts and operation, as well as the associated service and troubleshooting. Must be familiar with federal emission requirements for off-road diesel engine.
- Must have advanced knowledge of hydraulic pumps and motors and other mechanical components.
- Must have and maintain a current driver’s license.
- Must be organized and timely.
- Must have the ability to comprehend advanced technical concepts and operations on engines and other Liebherr products. Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, hydraulic, and electric schematics.
- Must be able to operate mechanical and electric test equipment and troubleshooting tools.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and be able to generate and maintain PowerPoint presentations.
- Must have good presentation skills and be able to articulate advanced technical information and concepts to various educational levels of students.
- Must be physcially able to climb on machines and/or work underneath machines.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift up to 50 pounds and/or carry up to 40 pounds.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.