Team Lead, PurchasingNewport News, VA | Job ID 25803
- Job ID 25803
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Purchasing
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 10/27/2020
- Responsible for developing and executing material group strategies for the assigned material groups which will ensure the supply of quality material and continually drive for lowest total cost.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams focused on process improvement, cost reduction and supplier quality.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls activities and personnel related to the procurement functions within assigned team.
- Initiates, develops and maintains cost reduction projects.
- Lead supplier identification, selection, qualification and development.
- Advises and trains strategic buyers.
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with the intent to purchase through the delivery of the first article/prototype product.
- Works closely together with other departments such as Engineering and Manufacturing to anticipate upcoming projects and demands.
- Creates detailed Request for Quote (RFQ) package for suppliers to bid on, evaluates proposals for the requested commodities in the form of side by side comparisons.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Negotiates and implements purchase contracts that comply with LME and/or corporate Liebherr
- Procurement Services (LPS) regulations.
- Actively participates in the Liebherr Material Group organization.
- Cooperates closely with the Procurement Planner and Quality Assurance.
- Participates in projects to determine the optimal sourcing strategy for new products.
- Identify industry trends and market development for respective material groups.
- Responsible for gathering relevant benchmark data, and supply market intelligence.
- Forecasts and plans operating costs and investments for the assigned material groups.
- Manages Direct Reports 1 to 5 employees.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organzation's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning anddirecting work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Expert level knowledge of procurement principles, theories, processes.
- Highly proficient in project management and communications with supplier and internal stake holders.
- Team oriented and excellent communication skills are essential.
- Advanced knowledge of comprehending and interpreting contractual language.
- Willingness and ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment with good interpersonal skills.
- Expert level knowledge of value streams, cost drivers and how to break down cost structures.
- Expert level skills in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, within fast-changing environment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Advanced Knowledge of MS office software and ERP system.
- Advanced knowledge in reading, analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical documents and specifications, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Advanced skills to effectively present information to management and suppliers.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and experienced in performing supplier audits using VDA 6.3 guidelines.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Abillity to obtain and maintain a valid driver's license and passport.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.