Software Developer (Autonomy) II - SeniorNewport News, VA | Job ID 21621
- Job ID 21621
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry As soon as possible
The Software Developer II - Senior depending on level, does one or more of the following; researches, supports, develops, writes and tests software for components and systems used in large mining haul trucks.
- Responsible for .NET technical design, coding, and documentation. Analyze and evaluate business requirements. Provide recommendations on the nature, scope, and complexity of solutions.
- Develop and implement project plans, including resources, tasks, and timeframes. Works independently and as a team member with other Engineers, Designers, and production personnel on ad hoc projects.
- Works along with other Engineers to design, install, test, analyze, and maintain the software tools required to control electrical products, equipment, and systems.
- Assists in training initiatives. May assign work to less experienced staff and review their work. Works along with other Engineers to research and analyze customer design proposals and specifications.
- Collaborate and innovate with teammates to resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Participates in Engineering Development Program.
- Mentors Level I & II Software Developers.
- Take ownership over project timelines and deliverables
- Analyses software tools necessary to perform validation and troubleshooting. Contribute to the DevOps process and tool building.
- Evaluates alternative software development and testing tools.
- True individual ownership and responsibility over projects.
- Estimates time and cost requirements for new development and R&D projects.
- Researches and analyzes customer design proposals and specifications. Competencies
- Level II: Bachelor’s degree (BSEE/EET, BSCE) with two years of programming experience in an engineering environment; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Level III: Bachelor’s degree (BSCE/BSCS) with four years of programming experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Senior: Bachelor’s degree (BSCE/BSCS) with eight years of programming or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of WinForms and WPF. Experience with configuration management/source control tools (Git, Subversion, etc.)
- A good grasp of OO and design patterns which promote testability and maintainability of code
- Extensive experience with automated testing, continuous integration, and delivery tools.
- Willingness to work in an Agile development environment with daily standup meetings.
- Knowledge of diagnostic tools necessary to verify software stability and function. Skilled with debugging software in complex systems.Demonstrated ability to proactively manage tasks, projects, and issues.
- Expected to travel nationally and internationally up to 20% to customer or supplier sites.
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
- Ability to obtain and maintain driver’s license and passport.
Our OfferAn interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.