Applications EngineerSaline, MI | Job ID 19947
- Job ID 19947
- Division Machine Tools & Automation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Automation Systems Co.
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry March 18, 2020
Liaison between Liebherr factories (LVT), Liebherr USA sales and North American customers on all matters regarding Liebherr gear machines, processes, technology, tools, and related automation equipment. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Absent undue hardship reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Prepares quotes, contracts and retool quotes (inclusive orders to LVT) and RFP/RFQ responses for potential customers in cooperation with LVT colleagues in retool and TB departments.
- Maintains sales demonstration tools and applications.
- Develops and delivers sales presentations in a professional and effective manner by:
- Developing technical presentations for potential customers.
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of company activities, industry trends, and governmental regulations.
- Collaborates with sales team to understand customer requirements and provide sales support while maintaining existing and establishes new relationships with customers.
- Resolves customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company’s mission and values.
- Provides pre-sale technical assistance and product education.
- Travels to provide sales and application support.
- Provides application support for Liebherr technologies:
- Time estimates
- Tool life estimates
- Problem solving/troubleshooting
- Process improvements
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written skills with excellent communication skills and teamwork.
- Working knowledge of gear nomenclature and knowledge of MS Office.
- Willingness and ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment and to facilitate and succeed working part of cross functional teams.
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists, within a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and to calculate figures and amounts including to read, analyze and interpret contracts, technical documents, specifications, engineering drawings, print reading and basic electrical schematics.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or suppliers while being proficient in customer relations and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in potentially stressful situations, with the ability to multitask.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field and 3-5 years of experience in machining and/or gear products; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.