Service Instructor/Technical TrainerNewport News, VA | Job ID 19756
- Job ID 19756
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Vocational training / Studies
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry immediate
The Service Instructor provides technical training and technical support to Dealers/Customers for all Liebherr Construction Equipment Company products and will develop and maintain technical content and conduct service schools to instruct Dealer or Customer personnel on the service and maintenance of Liebherr products, engines, and components. The technical support will be a combination of telephone support and Dealer/Customer visitation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Conducts formal hydraulic, mechanical and electrical classroom instruction to Dealer or Customer personnel on the service and maintenance of Liebherr products, engines, and components.
- Sets-up training classrooms, prepare class materials; assists students with concepts, assignments and class projects as necessary.
- Identifies and plans appropriate instructional design strategies and objectives based on analysis of tasks, learners, and subject matter.
- Develops technical training courses and related materials such as workbooks, manuals, and instructor guides.
- Develops and implements training evaluation strategies and instruments.
- Coordinates with instructional writers during preliminary project discussions to ensure appropriate content development.
- Conducts training needs analyses and determines performance criteria.
- Arranges machine availability for hands-on instructions.
- Assists Liebherr service representatives and dealer mechanics in difficult troubleshooting procedures by providing telephone support and/or Dealer/Customer visitation.
- Analyzes defective parts or components.
- Establishes Customer Alert Bulletins.
- Updates the list of required special tools for all dealers.
- Associates or Technical degree with 5 years of related experience or a combination of education and experience equivalent to 7 or more years.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Proven technical experience in training to include service, maintenance, troubleshooting and operation of construction equipment.
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting and repairing of company products.
- Knowledge of hydraulic, engine and power train systems, mechanical principles, electrical principles & systems such as within the heavy equipment or automotive industry.
- Ability to read, interpret and utilize both electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Knowledge of Training Evaluation procedures.
- Possess working knowledge electrical theory.
- Knowledge of Internet software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.