Quality Assurance Supervisor-ProductionNewport News, VA | Job ID 19698
- Job ID 19698
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Quality management
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 2/25/20
The Quality Assurance Supervisor - Production is responsible for administration of applicable quality systems and directives that result in compliance with corporate and company policies, procedures, instructions, specifications, and customer requirements relative to product manufactured and assembled at Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co. (LME) by performing the following duties personally or through hourly employees
- Direct process audits with a goal of improving efficiency and product quality.
- Direct audits relative to customer requirements, standards, and regulations.
- Participate in onsite customer audits or plant tours.
- Ensure supplier related records relative to production are audited.
- Responsible for the delivery of audit information requested by affiliate companies or customers with exception to information classified as confidential, or secret.
- Manage inspection of products received directly into the manufacturing facility and those that cannot be inspected through the receiving inspection group.
- Participate in LEAN, 5S, and Visual Workplace activities and implementation of those tools in Quality Assurance operations.
- Ensure proper execution and maintenance of product records and assisting with generation or modification of manufacturing related quality control records with customer input.
- Responsible for the development, assembly, and delivery of customer product records.
- Manage product records through the manufacturing process and audit the product record process.
- Issue and participate in the resolution of Corrective Actions related to production.
- Contact the appropriate Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) with regard to supplier related issues.
- Represent Quality Assurance in Material Review Board (MRB) and Ship Release meetings.
- Perform assignments as directed by the Quality Manager.
- Utilize and promote Customer Centered Culture (C3) concepts to improve business processes.
- Represent the external customer or end user at meetings that have an impact to the customer.
- Identify, report, and escalate relevant product quality issues to management. Participate in investigations and resolutions of customer complaints.
- Issue containment notices, direct inventory transactions, and effectively quarantine non-conforming or suspect non-conforming product.
- Identify when practice and procedures do not align and adjust documentation accordingly.
- Manage inventory of Quality Assurance controlled material, office equipment, consumed goods, or other MRO department needs in the manufacturing facility.
- Manage inventory and participate in physical inventory counts when scheduled.
- Manage the calibration of Quality Assurance department tools and equipment used or stored primarily in the manufacturing facility.
- Perform multiple functions within our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Audit non-conformance report entries to ensure reporting employees are following procedures or instructions in place to confirm accurate, clear, complete, and efficient attribute information is being included in reports.
- Ensure the reporting employees are equipped with the proper tools and modern technology to efficiently perform their duties.
- Collaborate with the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) department regarding standards and regulations imposed (OSHA, MSHA, etc.) and adhere to those standards.
- Generate efficient, comprehensive, and communicable reports and presentations.
- Directly supervises 5 – 10 employees in the QA Production team.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, evaluation and development plans of QA Production team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Maintain time and attendance records.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Ensuring the reporting employees are equipped with the proper tools and modern technology to efficiently perform their duties as well as operate in accordance with all safety policies and regulations as defined by the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Department
- A high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and eight years of experience in Quality Assurance at a manufacturing facility or an Associate’s degree plus five years of experience in Quality Assurance at a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and oral form and participate in or facilitate verbal meetings in small or large group situations.
- Read, write, speak, and interoperate the English language.
- Perform basic arithmetic, geometry, trigonometry, and have knowledge of basic statistics.
- Read and interpret prints and dimensions in both imperial and metric standards.
- Basic knowledge and understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and how it applies to tolerances.
- Basic understanding and implementation of LEAN, 5S, and Visual Workplace tools.
- Ability to produce and comprehend simple and complex instructions and correspondences in both oral and written form.
- Ability to use computing equipment and software packages including but not limited to Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 10 days per year.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package, 401K (6% match), and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.