Key Account Manager- Wind AftermarketSaline, MI | Job ID 19496
- Job ID 19496
- Division Components
- Organization Liebherr Components Northamerica
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Through direction from Sales Director- Bearings LUS Components Division and in agreement with the wind industry aftermarket segment’s global sales strategy, the Key Account Manager for wind industry aftermarket North America acquires, develops and maintains customers in the wind industry segments in the sales region North America for aftersales and aftermarket business. This position is responsible to drive growth of the Components Division pertaining to the wind industry aftermarket segments and to support the segment managers in all sales-related activities within North America in aftermarket segments. Products to sell include, but are not limited to, slewing ring bearings, gearboxes, hydraulic cylinders and ring gears.
- Analyze and monitor markets/industry segments for opportunities, trends and future developments with respect to business and product development in OEM sales and aftermarket sales.
- Identify, acquire, manage and develop existing and new opportunities, accounts and/or applications for our components within the wind industry aftermarket segments in the sales region North America
- Develop and execute an efficient sales approach for the defined market segment(s) that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability. Initiate and coordinate development of marketing and action plans to penetrate market segment(s) and application(s).
- Arrange and negotiate customer specific terms and conditions for sales and delivery, supply contracts/agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other legal documents in coordination with divisional director LUS-Components Division and the business unit’s standards.
- Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly, using appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information. Presents information professionally in front of an audience
- Review technical specifications in cooperation with the Business Units’ Sales Engineering/Application Engineering Teams, and determine the most suitable solutions to meet the customer's requirements. Communicate with the Business Units in an efficient and supportive manner.
- Provide estimates and quotes for inquiries and projects considering the guidelines of the Business Units, market, regional and customer-specific specifics
- Support the Global Segment Managers Wind Industry Aftermarket in preparing/conducting/following up of customer visits, project management, sales negotiations and in all other sales-related activities
- Support/conduct price and volume negotiations with existing and new accounts
- Collect the "Voice of the Customers" and provide input and support on technical/logistic/commercial solutions for the application
- Document the sales activities in our CRM System
- Promote the Liebherr products, in the assigned markets ,through customers visits, participation in conferences and international and domestic conventions
- Meet established sales quotas and revenue goals
- Maintain accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity reports; document aforementioned in CRM
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Compile regular Forecasts, KPI or other sales reports in coordination with divisional director LUS-Components Division and/or the business unit’s/industry segment’s requirements using CRM as a leading instrument. Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding performance
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Demonstrates strong selling skills and makes sales that meet customer needs.
- Keeps informed about market conditions, competitive information and political factors that may affect the goals of the organization.
- Ability to break down problems and issues into components and analyzes the costs, benefits, opportunities and risks associated with each alternative solution.
- Has excellent knowledge and use of the MS Office package, ERP systems, and computer aided design software.
- Identifies problems, gathers and analyzes information, and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Has basic knowledge in contract management and legal topics.
- Demonstrated skills to negotiate and compromise when necessary.
- Excellent understanding of the product line and in-depth mechanical engineering knowledge related to bearings and/or planetary gearboxes.
- Demonstrated sales experience pertaining to mechanical drive train products, such as slewing bearings, planetary gearboxes or hydraulic cylinders for wind industry applications or related applications.
- Ability to understand project business, life cycles of projects and products, technical requirements, market entry requirements for public and private business opportunities.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of the relevant market and industry segments, in particular with respect to OEMs, equipment operators and/or end-users, channel partners and competitors.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills.
- Has excellent demonstrated business administration knowledge in costing and calculation, and is familiar with U.S. import and export regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information to internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently, to solve problems, multitask, prioritize, and work in potentially stressful situations. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibility. Be proactive, flexible and cooperative in the daily work activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other related science/engineering field is required, with 8-10 years of experience in account management and with at least 5-years of experience in sales, sales support, application engineering, business development, or relevant field; master’s degree in business administration or technical studies is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the wind industry or related market segment is preferred.
- Travel up to 60% of the time (50% within North America and 10% internationally, mostly to Europe).
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Has excellent skills in English language, both written and spoken are mandatory; proficient skills in German and/or French language, both written and spoken, are desired, but not mandatory.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international organization. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. Flex time start, tuition assistance, major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.