National Business Manager- Earthmoving DivisionNewport News, VA | Job ID 19430
- Job ID 19430
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
The National Business Manager (NBM), manages sales activities of Liebherr USA, Co - Construction Equipment Division (LUS-EMT) within the defined national region for appointed Liebherr dealers and direct customers. Acts to influence key stakeholders and dealer principals within Liebherr dealer network to facilitate their business efforts, resulting in increased and continued market share growth. This position is responsible for the overall dealer relationships and manages the Regional Sales Managers (RSM) within the assigned national region.
- Implements strategic development goals at the dealer level and provides feedback to GM in support of overall LUS-EMT goals.
- Responsible for building and managing a dealer network for sales and marketing within the assigned region with assistance of subordinate employees (RSM’s).
- Ensures regular completion of the Dealer Business Planning Tool in support of strategic goals. Follows through on LUS commitments and monitors Dealer agreed upon actions.
- Identifies, develops, and coordinates effective business relationships with dealers to ensure maximum market share and penetration within the assigned region.
- Meets with key stakeholders and dealer principals to manage the relationship and ensure achievement of sales goals and LUS’s overall strategy.
- Acts as primary point-of-contact for all dealer issues with support from RSM’s and other LUS-EMT departments.
- Ensures training and support are provided to dealer sales representatives.
- Assists in delivering sales presentations to key clients in coordination with dealer sales representatives as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring assigned dealers inventory and First-in-Dirt (FID) reporting (Stock, Rental Fleet or Sold) directly or through subordinate employees.
- Monitors weekly Sales Reports and LIVIS entries to track activity within respective region. Monitors and provides timely input/updates for call reports, lost sale reports and other similar reports as required by company reporting procedures.
- Maintains frequent and timely assessments and reports on market conditions; potential and current dealers and competitors; provides frequent and accurate forecasts.
- Acts as a liaison between sales department and other LUS-EMT departments as needed.
- At the direction of the GM, researches and develops new business markets within the assigned region.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required with five to seven years of sales experience in the heavy construction equipment industry or a combination of education and experience equivalent to 10 or more years.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction equipment products and the industry.
- Demonstrated strong supervisory skills and the ability to direct and manage others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of selling techniques and the ability to close sales.
- Should have poise and confidence when speaking and presenting to groups for training and product introductions.
- Sound judgment and high integrity with ability to perform duties at customer sites and locations as required.
- Ability to create and foster a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality training and related product knowledge to others within the organization as well as team members.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to function in a team environment and work with other groups.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.