Structural Engineer 2019_050_LCCKillarney | Job ID 18982
- Job ID 18982
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Liebherr Container Cranes in Killarney, Co. Kerry are inviting Structural Engineers for job applications to their Structural Department.
The ideal candidate should be process driven and have good numeracy and analytical skills with an aptitude for problem solving. Candidates should be highly motivated, dependable and flexible. Familiarity with computers and software programs are crucial for simulation purposes. While liaising with other designers and departments plays a major part in this role, communication and interpersonal skills are very important. The candidate will be required to ensure that a high standard of work is provided at all times, and demonstrate an ability to prioritize tasks effectively on an ongoing basis to ensure that deadlines are reached.
The Structural Engineer is part of a team of Engineers. He/she will be trained in the individual tasks surrounding the structural design of container cranes. His/her responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Generating pre-processing data for the structural analysis using mainly EXCEL software.
- Structural analysis of crane components using mainly ANSYS design software
- Appraisal of structural members including verification of fatigue, crippling and buckling strength.
- Structural analysis of structural details such as bolted joints, pinned joints etc.
- Compiling final documentation.
- Drawing sketches to support documentation using 2-D CAD software Co-Create ME10.
- Be fully conversant with all aspects of LCC product designs and incorporate within the design the applicable standards and design codes.
- Liaise with other departments on structural details and to optimise product design.
- A third level qualification in Structural Engineering
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with ANSYS or similar software would be beneficial but not compulsory