Project EngineerSaline, MI | Job ID 18672
- Job ID 18672
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Develop, apply and maintain resources used to support new and existing repair capabilities
- Knowledge and ability to work hands-on in order to trouble-shoot and maintain current and future test and support equipment
- Manage multiple projects including budgets and timelines
- Technical support of Repair Shop Technicians
- Technical training on testing infrastructure or component repair
- Knowledge of material science appropriate for the task of returning parts to a serviceable condition
- Track and perform special investigations of returning repairs within LSL shops, develop and implement solutions to minimize multiple returns
- Mine raw repair data to analyze and develop maintenance kits and improve component reliability
- Design, document, and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing, and inspection
- Hands-on maintenance, upkeep, and improvement implementations of Liebherr testing infrastructure
- Interface with supplier representatives concerning problems and assure that effective corrective action is implemented
- Develop, apply, and maintain requirements for standards for the development and manufacture of products
- Research and develop rework solutions for various components, and work with the OEM representatives to approve and implement these solutions
- Advanced knowledge of products and services.
- Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound judgement.
- Ability to operate and facilitate cross functional teams.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills ability to work in a potentially stressful environment.
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, within fast-changing environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with preferred knowledge of 2D/3D CAD drawing ability
- Generating reports, and advanced competency with computer skills and applications
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT)
- Ability to respond to complex inquiries or complaints from customers or suppliers
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, print reading, and basic electrical schematics
- Ability to utilize standard mechanical and electrical instruments, functions gauges and test rigs
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering or other related science/engineering (Master’s degree preferred) field with 2-5 years of engineering experience relevant to the role required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international organization. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. Flex time start, tuition assistance, major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.