Supplier Quality Engineer IIINewport News, VA | Job ID 18286
- Job ID 18286
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production planning and control
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 10/14/2019
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) III is responsible for the assessment, development, and evaluation of manufacturing and quality capabilities of Liebherr’s supply base. Maintains smooth operations of materials suppliers. The SQE applies quality methods, statistical analysis, understanding of requirements, problem solving, and development of the supplier’s processes and capabilities. May perform supplier systems and process audits, value engineering activities, cost down projects and implement new strategies
- Identify, investigate, analyze and correct problems in purchased product quality, production and control at supplier and Liebherr manufacturing locations.
- Utilizes substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Requires minimal supervision.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult and require judgement in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Skilled in planning, managing, directing resources and managing projects.
- Has the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Supervises assignments of Levels I, II and III SQE’s.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of statistical analysis and APQP methodology.
Bachelor’s degree Engineering or Science with six to eight years Supply Chain management experience and four years of engineering experience; AS in engineering related discipline with eight years engineering experience and mechanical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis, Problem Solving Process and 8D Methodology.
- Knowledge of ERP LN system as it relates to mining truck Bill of Materials (BOM) structure and inventory control.
- Experienced with Statistical Analysis Software
- Demonstrated effectiveness in project management and communications with suppliers, purchasing and engineering.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, TS/AS16496, and applicable regulatory standards.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints, technical drawings, engineering specifications and technical documentation.
- Skilled in auditing process using VDA 6.3 guidelines.
- Knowledge of Statistical analysis (MSA, Capability Study, SPC)
- Experienced in APQP methodology (Process flow, FMEA, Control Plan, PPAP).
- Experienced in problem solving methods (Six Sigma, Shainin etc.)
- Experienced in Process/Product launch.
- Is expected to travel nationally and internationally up to 25% to customer or supplier sites.
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.