Warehouse Logistics Material Technician - Frenchtown, NJFrenchtown, NJ | Job ID 18222
- Job ID 18222
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Material Technician position is responsible for the warehousing functions of stocking, picking, packing, receipt and shipment in support of outside sales orders. It supports material movement through operation of mobile warehousing equipment. Practices inventory control through the use of inventory cycle counts.
- Utilizes company BAAN system to perform inquiries on transactional history, where used, and planned inventory movement in support of inventory reconciliation, receipt, transfer, and shipment.
- Loads and unloads trucks and containers containing complicated and high-value shipments, using forklifts and cranes with weight capacities of up to forty (40) thousand lbs.
- Evaluates and rigs material lifts, verifying current sling certifications in accordance with company safety guidelines.
- Pulls work orders, sales orders, or requests for parts and materials using order pickers and rack loaders and places orders on pallets or shelves and distributes items to the designated department or shipping department.
- Packs orders for domestic and international shipment as required for the transportation mode per company guidelines. Builds appropriate boxing/crating when and as required.
- Stocks materials or items on assigned racks, shelves, or in bins pending verification of stocking documentation. Reports inventory variances relative to stocking transactions.
- Assists in investigating, resolving and coordinating shipping and receiving discrepancies.
- Performs Cycle Inventory counts and assists Lead in reconciliation.
- Services vendor maintained and floor stock inventories utilizing bin scanning. Processes material issues and adds/changes or deletes stock locations.
- Trains employees on forklifts and cranes.
- Checks incoming shipments against the Bill of Lading/packing list for correctness of piece count, condition, proper freight classification, and freight terms noting any corrections or changes on Bill of Lading ensuring the driver has signed, acknowledging discrepancies and/or damages.
- Unpacks, checks quantity and condition of incoming parts and materials.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with one year related experience or knowledge in warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Knowledge of and ability to navigate through the appropriate applications, i.e. MS Office Products, Inventory software and Order processing systems.
- Knowledge of Metric and Standard Systems and conversions.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and good housekeeping practices.
- Knowledge of the safe operation of basic power tools, i.e. saws, drill motors air compressors.
- Skilled in basic keyboarding.
- Skilled in carpentry such as building boxes and crates.
- Skilled in reading basic tools of measurements, i.e. tape measure, calipers etc.
- Ability to read and interpret Liebherr Employee Rules and Regulations, company safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, production and customer sales orders.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.