Receiving InspectorSaline, MI | Job ID 18169
- Job ID 18169
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Young Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 9/23/2019
The primary focus of this position is to inspect incoming materials to ensure acceptable quality for induction into the repair process or into the warehouses. This individual must handle multiple issues and priorities while also facilitating resolution to recurring internal and customer service issues.
- To work independently and as member of the customer service (CS)/Liebherr Aerospace (LSL) team.
- Receiving of articles, conduct preliminary inspection on articles maintained including obvious damage, hidden damage inspection, customer paper work.
- Performs the essential repair induction functions of the receiving inspectors as required.
- Conduct Preliminary Inspection for all articles maintained including obvious damage, hidden damage inspection, customer paperwork review including confirmation of correct Part number, Serial Number, notation of flight cycles and flight hours.
- Inspection of incoming raw materials to ensure acceptable quality and inspection of incoming certifications for validity and acceptability.
- Management of all certifications of incoming piece parts electronically and hard copy.
- Assuring that all items, which have shelf life restrictions, are properly identified & maintained.
- Performs timely processing, closure and resolution of discrepancies via routine customer and supplier contact and follow-up
- A High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 - 2 years of experience related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a warehouse or repair facility preferred.
- Ability to maintain high degree of motivation in a complex fast paced team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain organization and analyze / solve problems.
- Ability to do schedules and manage multiple tasks and priorities (time management) and utilize critical thinking in the daily performance of duties to make decisions and accomplish an effective work flow.
- Ability to function productively with excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Flex time start, tuition assistance, comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.